17/18 FIS

Home Forums Data issues 17/18 FIS

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Phipps 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Kaycee
    Participant

Hello

Was wondering if anyone could help me out. We are wanting to run our first 17/18 data through FIS but the dataset only goes up to 16/17. Does anyone know when we will be able to run 17/18 through FIS?

Thanks in advance.

sampage
    Participant

Hi

I have spoken to Service Desk today and they have advised me that FIS will be available for R01 but were unable to give a specific date, they suggested when R01 opens for upload!

steveh
    Participant

Hi

According to a colleague who got a response from the service desk a week ago, it will be released on 23 August.

Sue Bishop
    Participant

I’d heard it would be the 23rd too.

Sue

chrisbradley
    Participant

I wonder which of the myriad of subcontractors is responsible for this, how much they have been paid, whether there are penalty clauses in the contract for missing as deadline, assuming that should have been set for the beginning of the 2017/18 year? I also wonder when the ESFA will be commissioning an audit of their subcontracting arrangements? And finally, I wonder what element of their services they are carrying out themselves given that subcontracting out all elements should not be allowed? The last bit is a joke, in line with the situation. I actually feel sorry for the guys on the Service Desk who always provide a good level of service in the face of adversity. It is whoever is supposed to be managing this that should be taking responsibility however what official communication do we ever receive when things go wrong or appallingly late?

Richard Phipps
    Participant

There are actually not many ILR field changes this year apart from the changes and additions for the new apprenticeship system. It’s a pity that they couldn’t release a partial data set without the new ILR apprenticeship implemented just so we have something to work with.

I know the R01 is just for apprenticeships, but we could have used an earlier release of the dataset to keep on top of fixing other non-apprenticeship errrors.

Richard

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.