17/18 withdrawal

Home Forums Data issues 17/18 withdrawal

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 6 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • aneta
    Participant

Hello,

I have a student who has left after bit more than a month from being sign up for an apprenticeship programme. Unfortunately we haven’t managed to do her assessment or reviews and the only document which we have got which shows she has received some training is only 8 days after sign up date. I have withdrawn her from a programme. My question is do I need to keep her on ILR until the end of a contract year if she hasn’t stayed on a programme at least 40 days? From my understanding as well I do not need to record any learner destination /progression if it is an apprenticeship standard and is funded through funding model(36).

I have found this in ILR support manual:
    451. If a learner withdraws without completing one episode of learning, for example
    without attending the first class, then they must not be included in the ILR.

I am just bit confused if I should keep her on ILR until the August 2018 or not.

I will be grateful for an advice.

Thanks
    Aneta

Martin West
    Participant

You keep them on the ILR even if they do not meet the qualifying period for funding even if they have only undertaken one day (an episode of learning).
    HTH

aneta
    Participant

Thank you Martin.

Like always you are a big help!

Mark
    Participant

Hi Martin
    How does this sit with
    451. If a learner withdraws without completing one episode of learning, for example
    without attending the first class, then they must not be included in the ILR.
    I have read this in the guidance and where a learner has only completed one day we would remove them from the ILR (excepting short programmes)

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    Where a learner has completed one day they have attended the first class and should remain on the ILR.

Mark
    Participant

hi
    They then appear in one of the DSAT reports, can’t remember which.
    example 1. Planned to start on 5th Dec but did not attend means to me remove from ILR.
    example 2. Planned and did start 5th and then does not return. Completed one day for me remove as otherwise they show on DSAT.

I find this one troubling when someone returns from a break on 5th Sept. It later transpires this was then the only time seen. If I exit from this return date and they only attended one day it comes up on DSAT.

(I wish they would fix this typing issue, I continually have to re enter text)

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    They will be reported in PDSAT but the guidance is:
    Learning aims must only be reported in the ILR if there is evidence that learning is taking or has taken place. Learners that enrol but do not attend a single episode of learning must not be reported.

You should not remove them from the ILR when they have attended a single session just because they are listed on this report.

Mark
    Participant

Thanks for the clarity
    I am right when it comes to no evidence of learning in removing then, just over zealous with the planned break example then as there was evidence for the one day of learning.

JadeTurnerTC
    Participant

So if we loaded functional skills for an apprentice and then they provided evidence to exempt them, can we delete this learning aim? We’ve already submitted the ILR so have had some funding paid. I’ve withdrawn the learning aim back to the start date but how do we correct funding?

Martin West
    Participant

Jade,
    M/E are an exceptional case for which the ESFA allow you to claim funding up to the point you know about the exemption.
    P.S. you should never withdraw back to the start date unless they attended for the 1 day.
    HTH

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.