20% Retention on Completion

Home Forums Data issues 20% Retention on Completion

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • CBresland
    Participant

Looking through the Apprenticeship Technical Funding guide for starts from May 2017 v2 Feb 2017, could anybody please clarify outcome payment requirements.

36. We hold back 20% of the total price ………… we will release this when the apprentice completes their programme – see the funding rules for the definition of completion.

38. The completion element is earned when you record a ‘learning actual end date’ in the ILR and the completion status is code 2 (the learner has completed the learning activities leading to the learning aim). You will earn this funding for the month that the learning actual end date takes place…………

I have been unable to identify full definition of completion and they seem to have removed any reference to ‘successful completion’ or basing the payment of the 20% on outcome status being 1. achieved?

Have they changed the outcome payment to be paid if a learner completes all learning aims even if they do not successfully achieve?

Many thanks in advance for any ones help!
    Caroline

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Caroline,
    It is a change from Payment on Achievement to Payment on Completion.
    The definition you require you have already identified in par.38
    HTH

Access
    Participant

I’m fairly sure that it depends on whether its a framework or standard. Have a look at P158 in the funding rules. ‘Complete all mandatory elements of the framework’ or ‘taking the end point assessment for standards’. I believe that means the apprenticeship is complete and you get the 20% when the apprentice achieves the framework or takes the end point assessment (whether they pass or not).

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Access
    Par 158 states ‘We will pay the remaining balance of the agreed price up to the maximum value of the funding band when the apprentice has undertaken all the learning activity relevant to the apprenticeship’
    The important word is ‘undertaken’ it does not say ‘achieved’, the Technical guide indicates it only needs all aims to have an actual end date with a completion status of 2 to draw down the remaining funding.
    HTH

Access
    Participant

Hi Martin
    I don’t think you can ‘undertake’ all of the learning activities on a framework without achieving (can’t think of any instances). Is that not the vital difference? So isn’t the easiest explanation that completion means achieve the framework or take the end test? I know that’s simplifying things, but sometimes the technical guidance / funding rules need some simplification.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Access,
    Completion status 2 ‘The learner has completed the learning activities leading to the learning aim’ triggers payment irrespective of the outcome code which could be any of 1, 2, 3 or 8.
    Take my word achievement does not come into it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.