Access to Apprenticeship guidance

Home Forums Data issues Access to Apprenticeship guidance

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Alan Taws
    Participant

I’ve just received the document “NAS-AccesstoApprenticeships-ILRreportingtechnicaldocument-29July2011.pdf” – it’s guidance from the NAS explaining how to record an Access to Apprenticeship learner on the ILR….

The first line states that the Programme Type field will be recorded as code 1 ‘Intermediate Level Apprenticeship’ or code 2 for Advanced….
    Surely Intermediate is still a code 3 – or have I missed something?

If they really are going to change things then how about Intermediate (what we all know as Level 2 Apprenticeships) becomes a code 2 and Advanced (what we all know to mean Level 3 Apprenticeships) becomes a code 3.

Just a suggestion

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Alan,

As they last used code 01 in 2003 I expect that they meant for code 1 use 02 for Intermediate Apprentice (it’s the way I would read it).

Alan Taws
    Participant

Unless I’ve really misunderstood everything an Intermediate Level has always been a code 3 even though Intermediate represents level 2 provision. And Advanced has always been a code 2 even though it represents level 3 provision. i.e. everything has always been completely backward.

I was just wondering/hoping that they might actually fix this.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Alan,
    Sorry was a typo error, should have been 03 for Intermediate and 02 for Advanced.
    Same thoughts as you why this is completely backward and not aligned to the level I have never understood.
    Regards

lapsed_user

Where do you find the NAS-AccesstoApprenticeships-ILRreportingtechnicaldocument-29July2011.pdf document?

Martin West
    Participant

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Gary,

For clarification:

This document applies to last year 2011/12 only.

The requirements for this year are contained in the single 2012/13 funding guidance and ILR specifications

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.