Accreditation of Prior Learning and Apprenticeship Duration

Home Forums Data issues Accreditation of Prior Learning and Apprenticeship Duration

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Francis 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Richard Francis
    Participant

Hi All,

We’re running a two year foundation degree as part of an apprenticeship standard and we have a couple of learners who have already achieved a CertHE and have been given accreditation of prior learning for 50% of course.

I’m trying to record this in the LET. Our assumption was that we’d just halve the duration of the programme, however this makes the duration 12 months. This is shorter than the 18 month minimum duration for the standard and FIS returns an error stating that.

I’m just wondering if anyone had any experience in recording APL and could offer advice? How should I be recording this?

Cheers,
    Richard.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Richard,
    APL would be reflected in a lower negotiated price but the duration cannot be reduced to less than 12 months or below the minimum where this is specified.

Richard Francis
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the advice. Would I also need to adjust the prior learning funding adjustment or does the renegotiated price take account of this?

Cheers,
    Richard.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Richard,
    No need to use a funding adjustment for aims included in the negotiated price but for aims directly funded by the ESFA such as Maths and or English the funding adjustment should be used where appropriate APL applies.

Hope that helps.

Richard Francis
    Participant

Thanks Martin, helpful as always.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.