Achievement Payment after hard close

Home Forums Data issues Achievement Payment after hard close

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mel_aspinall 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • mel_aspinall
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking for help please!

If a learner’s actual end date is in 16/17 and the outcome is awaiting results up to and after hard close, I know that we have up until R04 to convert these to achievements to count towards the QAR.

However, would we still receive the achievement payment in December’s PFR if the actual end date was in the previous year. We would have recorded it as awaiting result but I’m just wondering if we’d get the payment still.

Thanks in advance,

Mel

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mel,
    The rules state: You must apply for the apprenticeship completion certificate from Apprenticeship Certificates England within three months of completion of learning.

Although for the QAR the 17/18 R04 is used the above rule may prohibit achievement payment where this is not recorded after R14 for a 16/17 leaver.

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hi Mel,

I can confirm from records I have that were 2,8 at the end of the 2015/16 year in the final ILR submission and then closed as framework achievements in P4 of the 2016/17 year that the achievement payment is missed. This would have been due clearly against the 2015/16 ILR due to the actual end date being in that contract year however as it was closed I am afraid the achievement payment just disappears.
    Chris

mel_aspinall
    Participant

I thought as much, Chris. Thank you so much for confirming this.

chrisbradley
    Participant

You are welcome Mel. It was a hard lesson learned for one of the providers I support last year.

mel_aspinall
    Participant

Can I just ask another question in this thread relating to achievement payments. If the planned end date is in 16/17 but the actual end date isn’t until 17/18, we’d still get the achievement payment wouldn’t we?

TIA

Martin West
    Participant

The achievement payment is based on the actual end date.

mel_aspinall
    Participant

As I thought, thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.