Actual End Date – Standards

Home Forums Data issues Actual End Date – Standards

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cris Hale 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • KatieM
    Participant

Hi

For apprenticeship standards I am just wondering what the actual end date will be on the ILR?

Is this when the learner passes the EPA, OR ,regardless of pass or fail, when they complete EPA?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Kate,
    When they complete EPA.

KatieM
    Participant

Thank you.

So, for example, a learner resitting the EPA wouldn’t effect that end date? They have completed the EPA once, and that first attempt is their end date?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Kate,
    For apprenticeship standards with a Completion status of ‘complete’ (code 2), the Learning actual end date for the programme aim is the date that the learner completed all the learning activities for the apprenticeship. This includes both the training and end point assessment activities.
    This field represents the date that the learner completed the learning activities necessary to achieve the learning aim or the date the learner withdrew from the learning activities.

As your learner has had to resit the EPA then they would not have completed and unless the learner withdraws you would not enter an end date until they complete the resit.
    HTH

KatieM
    Participant

Thanks Martin

Cris Hale
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I’d like to reopen this. Do you have any thoughts on their wording? They say the learning actual end date “is the date that the learner completed all the learning activities”, as well as “[t]his includes both the training and end point assessment activities”, but the end point assessment isn’t a learning activity – it’s an assessment. Not very helpful wording – as if we would expect anything else – so what would you use as the end date? The last date that any direct assessment took place? The alternative is the last training date, I would guess.

Cris

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Cris,
    I do not consider any contradiction in the wording.
    For the Programme aim it would be the date you are informed the EPA had been completed.
    For the Standard training qualification or class code aim it would be the last day in learning.
    HTH

Cris Hale
    Participant

Hi Martin,

We do not have both, only a programme aim.

But aside from that, the sentences both appear to be in reference to the programme aim only.

For programme aims, the Learning actual end date of the whole programme must be recorded in this field. For apprenticeship standards with a Completion status of ‘complete’ (code 2), the Learning actual end date for the programme aim is the date that the learner completed all the learning activities for the apprenticeship. This includes both the training and end point assessment activities.

Cris

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Cris,
    This is like the Apprenticeship Agreement for Standards that have the estimated end date of practical period (Training) and the Planned End date of apprenticeship (Training plus EPA).

Cris Hale
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I guess I’ll just go with the last time there’s evidence that either training or assessment happened, then.

Hopefully they’ll have the next Provider Support Manual soon…

Cris

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.