Add Functional Skills to ILR

Home Forums Data issues Add Functional Skills to ILR

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • robS4S
    Participant

hi,

We have a number of learners with various Framework and Standards. We have set these up and they appear to be running fine. But now we need to add Functional Skills to some new learners.

The Functional Skills are found on the LARS as

50093186 Functional Skills qualification in English (NVQ L2) City and Guilds
    5010987X Functional Skills qualification in Math (NVQ L2) City and Guilds

If I add them as additional programme aims as frameworks I need the framework code and pathway or if I enter them as standards I need the standards codes, neither of which I can find on LARS.

Where in the documentation does it detail adding qualifications as additional programme aims?

Thanks

Martin West
    Participant

You add FS aims as component aims (Aim type 3) and code them the same as the Apprenticeship programme aim for the Framework code and pathway or Standard code for Standards.

robS4S
    Participant

Thanks.

Can you point me to where that is in the documentation, I also need to understand how the additional fees are entered into IRL.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    See: Provider Support Manual for 2018 to 2019
    583. The Apprenticeship contract type (ACT) FAM type must be recorded on all apprenticeship programme aims, and English and maths component aims.
    584. You must also complete the Date applies from field; the Date applies from for the first ACT record must be the same as the Learning start date. The Date applies to field should only be completed when either:
    you need to add a new ACT record with a later Date applies from, or
    the aim has been closed and the Learning actual end date returned.

The funding for Maths and English are at a set rate of £471 this is derived from the LARS code and paid over the duration of the aims.
    HTH

robS4S
    Participant

Thanks that does make sense, but I did have to read it a few times.

Does the £471 get added to the Programme Aim Financial Details/Financial Amount or do we add a Financial Record to the functional skills Component Aim?

And if we do that how does it get coded?
    Programme Aim is
    Financial Type:TNP
    Financial Code:1

Currently we have put the £471 in the Learning Delivery HE tuition fee for the functional skills Component Aim

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    You do not need to enter the £471 funding for FS aims in the ILR as the ESFA have set this rate in LARS.
    You will need to remove any entries you have made relating to this from the HE record.
    HTH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.