Adult Care Qualifications – AEB 17/18

Home Forums Data issues Adult Care Qualifications – AEB 17/18

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi,

I have just been re reading the AEB rules again and have noticed that the wording on the below paragraph has changed from an And in a previous year to an Or and the impact on ‘distance learning’ way of teaching is massive

What we will not fund
    157. We will not fund any learning aim delivered at an employee’s workplace, or is relevant to their job and/or is relevant to their employer’s business, unless

157.1 the learner has an entitlement to full funding for English and/or
    maths (paragraph 161), and/or a first full Level 2 or first full
    Level 3 qualification (paragraph 168), or

157.2 we have confirmed a national level concession that responds
    to a significant negative economic impact for a specific
    industry

to me this one change in a word means that any ‘distance learning courses’ even though not delivered in the workplace are not funded. Therefore delivering a care qualification to a person working in a care home that is not first full level 2/3 is no longer fundable

Do people agree with this interpretation?

Thanks

steveh
    Participant

Hi Matt

I asked the ESFA (via the aebrulesfeedback email address) about this last week and, yup, that group of courses will not be fundable in 17/18. They claim that it is merely a clarification of the 16/17 Rules, but given the number of these courses being offered across the country, it clearly hasn’t been understood.

To quote the email:

We ran three AEB webinars recently and this was one of the areas we received a few questions about. We will release a guidance note on GOV.uk shortly that covers all of the questions we received. We are also working with AOC, AELP and HOLEX so their members are clear about workplace learning and the AEB. Our auditors are also aware of the revision to the text in the 2017/18 rules and what they should expect to see when they conduct an assurance visit.

so we wait for that I guess?

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that the part written ‘Our auditors are also aware of the revision to the text in the 2017/18 rules and what they should expect to see when they conduct an assurance visit.’ basically tells me that these will not be funded and the rules are expected to be followed

Would of been nice to know before the start of the year given the implications this will have.

Thanks

steveh
    Participant

They’d argue it’s not a change, so why should they shout about it?

(also, not *entirely* sure the auditors *have* been told about this by ESFA yet, despite the claims in the email, but that’s sort of by the by, they certainly know about it now!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.