Advanced Learner Loans Bursary query

Home Forums Data issues Advanced Learner Loans Bursary query

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • CLH75
    Participant

Hi,

Is there anybody who can help with Advanced Learner Loan bursary funding queries?

1. Bursary rate 2 £150 funding rules states that to be eligible for this rate the learner could have learner support needs. I have a learner who suffers with Mental health and therefore cannot work full time or cover her general bills whilst attending the course and has a lot of support around her through the NHS and her tutors for this. Can anybody confirm if she would be eligible for this rate and if so what evidence would I need to retain from her to gain this rate?

2. Earnings Adjustment Statement (EAS). I have learners on the Rate 3 bursary for £250 to help support childcare costs, travel and food. The learners childcare costs alone go above £250 a month and I have the evidence to state this. Can we use the EAS to claim the extra support amount they need? I’m reading the 18/19 Advanced Learner Loan funding rules (Number 100) and this is leading me to believe I can. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks in advance for you help.

steveh
    Participant

sorry, haven’t got time for a full reply, but 2 is a definite YES!

1 is a probable no. band 2 is for learnING support, to help learners in the classroom (eg those with dyslexia or mobility issue).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.