AEB Funding Rules: Unemployed 19 – 23 Year Old

Home Forums Data issues AEB Funding Rules: Unemployed 19 – 23 Year Old

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kathleenmonica 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • KempDaniel
    Participant

Hi

Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on a change to one of of this year’s funding rules.

The AEB Rules 2017/18 imply that a 19 – 23 year old, who is unemployed, can no longer study fundable units under local flexibility at Level 2. Can anyone confirm whether this is or is not the case?

This is based on referring to the table on page 22 of the funding rules and guidance on the previous page. I just want to ensure I am reading this correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Daniel

steveh
    Participant

Hi Daniel

Sort of!

19-23s WITHOUT A FULL LEVEL TWO cannot study units under local flexibility at level 2, they can only do an FL2 qualification.

19-23s who already have a FL2 who are unemployed CAN be fully funded for local flex at level 2.

no, I don’t understand why this is the rule either…

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  steveh.

KempDaniel
    Participant

Hi Steve,

That’s how I read into it too – what a curious omission to funding eligibility!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Kind regards,

Daniel

kathleenmonica
    Participant

Hi Steve and Daniel

This is really useful . What about 24+ students? Can units be delivered to unemployed – Fully funded and employed learners – co funded?

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.