AEB Rule 157

Home Forums Data issues AEB Rule 157

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • jakewhite
    Participant

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with further clarification on the following rule:

“157. We will not fund any learning aim delivered at an employee’s workplace, and is
    either relevant to their job or their employer’s business, unless…”

We have various dinner ladies and other support staff who have inquired about undertaking Teaching Assistant training however I am struggling to determine whether they are are co-funded or private.

The course involves being observed in the workplace, some of the learner’s will undertake a voluntary role at different employers so I assume they are co-funded however a few have found voluntary placements at their current employer. Would this be determined as co-funded or private?

The learner’s will be volunteers during the hours that they are undertaking the course however are normally paid employees.

Thank you in advance.
    Jake

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Jake,
    This rule exists are the government does not fund this type of provision in the workplace excepting where the learner has an entitlement and the aim is listed as such.
    HTH

kathleenmonica
    Participant

Hi Both

Can a learning loan be used to fund learning in the workplace?

Thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    There are many work based qualification in the loans catalogue.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/advanced-learner-loans-qualifications-catalogue
    HTH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.