AGE Grant Query

Home Forums Data issues AGE Grant Query

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lisacol 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous

Hi all

We’ve got an employer who applied for the AGE for one of our learners. After 8 weeks we suspended the learner, but they are now ready to come back on to their apprenticeship. Am I right in thinking that the 13 weeks have to be of continuous learning, or can they be split over 2 POTs?

I’ve tried to find this information on all of the guidelines I’ve been sent, but can’t seem to find anything.

Thanks

Access

Caspar Verney
    Participant

I do not know the answer to this, but I have a nasty suspicion that the Employer may no longer be able to get the AGE grant because they have had an Apprentice previously in the same year now. It may depend just how they analyse the data at the SFA when determining the payment. Has the learner remained at the Employer continuously? If so then I would assume that you would not be changing the Employment Status and hence the SFA would simply make the assessment based on the data that they see from the ILR Batch File. You may just have to try it and then see what comes back on the AGE Grant report as to whether it says rejected or in process.

HTH,
    Caspar

Anonymous

They employment status hasn’t changed at all, I’m not worried about them being eligible for the grant at all really. It’s just the length of time that they’re going to have to wait to receive it that we could really do with finding out.

Thanks for your response, we’ll see what happens.

lisacol
    Participant

We have had exactly the same issue and you are correct it has to be 13 continuous weeks, so it will be 13 week from the re-start date.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.