Apprentice Journal

Home Forums Data issues Apprentice Journal

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  paultaylor 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • BillinghurstT
    Participant

I have read an article that the ESFA has confirmed that the Apprentice Journal materials provided by The Mentoring School could be claimed on the ILR. Can I ask how this can be claimed and if this could be for both levy and non-levy learners?

Martin West
    Participant

You could include this in the negotiated cost of training delivery that applies to none and levy paying employers.
    As this would be a material cost you would not include it in the ILR excepting that it is part of the training costs recorded.
    Why do you think this would be a necessary training aid as it only duplicates materials that most providers already use?

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Their website states that the cost of these additional materials can be added to the ILR.

Sue

Martin Locock
    Participant

Their web text may be correct for Frameworks and Employer-Providers but I don’t think it would be for Standards, as Martin says: it would be eligible but included in the agreed cost and so wouldn’t show on the ILR.

Martin West
    Participant

If it is materials it would not be included in the ILR as an aim but only in the cost of training.
    I have a suspicion that the originator of the post may be trying to promote their services.

BillinghurstT
    Participant

Hello, I can assure you that I am not trying to promote our services, I read this article https://www.apprenticeshipsdirectory.com/blog/improving-induction-engagement-satisfaction-retention-and-completion-rates-through-additional-esfa-levy-funding-657 and am trying to work out how we as a provider could include this for the learner and as the ESFA have said claim for it on the ILR. I am merely looking for advice on where on the ILR this would be entered and if it would be for levy and non-levy learners.

Martin Locock
    Participant

The wording used is a bit unclear, in the absence of the ESFA’s actual guidance referred to.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Sorry for the assumption but you do not identify yourself as a provider on your profile.
    What you have read is a directory of services offered but in this case by a sole trader company who has produced a workbook for Apprenticeships. I do not recognise what the ESFA are reported to have said with regards for claiming for this on the ILR and as I have already said as it is a material it should be included as a training cost.
    I think you do need to question the purpose of this directory as some may be using it as an opportunity to extract funding from the Apprenticeship levy.

paultaylor
    Participant

It looks to me like they are charging £45 + VAT for a diary.

I suspect that they are chancing their arm and the wording would suggest that they don’t quite understand how the funding world works, let alone what materials/systems would need to be used to deliver apprenticeship standards. Or maybe it’s intentionally ambiguous. I’d be interested to hear if any providers have had employers asking them to use this

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.