Apprentices from a levy paying company

Home Forums Data issues Apprentices from a levy paying company

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Becky OB 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Frances Hill
    Participant

I have an Apprentice who has started today who comes to us from a levy paying company. This particular Apprentice has been n the country for just under four months. Does the rule still apply for an Apprentice to have been resident fro three years or is this different as the comp[any id a levy payer?

Many thanks

Frances

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Frances,
    The eligibility rules for Apprenticeships are the same for Levy and non-levy paying employers.

Frances Hill
    Participant

Hi Martin, many thanks for your response. To muddy the waters a little further, I have now checked the documents of this person who entered the country on January of this year, on a spouse /Partner permit that permits work but states No Public Funds, which I am guessing would include Apprenticeship funding?

Many thanks

Frances

Becky OB
    Participant

From the provider rules:

P221. The individual’s immigration permission in the UK may have a ‘No recourse to public
    funds’ condition. This does not include education or education funding, so this does not
    affect an individual’s eligibility, which must be decided under the normal eligibility
    conditions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.