Apprentices working a minimum of 16 hrs per week

Home Forums Data issues Apprentices working a minimum of 16 hrs per week

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Merle Gervasoni 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Merle Gervasoni
    Participant

Hi

We have a query from an employer about the minimum number of hours an apprentice can work a week. They have someone who is on 15 hrs a week, to which we have said no to, but I can no longer find any funding rule that states the learner must work a minimum of 16 hrs. Has this changed?

I can find rule P52 & P57 which states about working less than 30 hrs and it not being a barrier, but there does not seem to be any mention of a minimum anymore.

Can anyone shed any light please
    Thanks
    Merle

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Merle,
    Yes, they have removed the minimum 16 hours and they now leave it up to the Provider to decide on an individual basis and this is covered by the following:
    P50. The apprentice must work enough hours each week so that they can undertake sufficient regular training and on-the-job activity. This is to ensure the apprentice is likely to successfully complete their apprenticeship. You must keep evidence of the agreed average weekly hours, including time spent on off-the-job training, in the evidence pack.
    HTH

Merle Gervasoni
    Participant

Thanks Martin

I thought that was what it was saying now, but couldn’t quite believe it.

Thanks
    Merle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.