Apprenticeship Cohort

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeship Cohort

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • sarahpotts
    Participant

Hi
    Wonder if anyone help.

Trying to work out the total apprenticeship cohort for 17/18 all learners that will be included is there a particular way to do this MIS and interim QAR differ so I want a definite list I can check through to confirm the final number.

I have tried looking at occupancy lists and planned and actual end dates.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sarah,
    You do this for Apprenticeships as per Appendix B of the ILR Specification (Migration rules)

Simply select all learner records, programme where the apprenticeship programme is continuing (Aim type = 1, Learning planned end date >= 1 August 2016 and Learning actual end date is null).
    And All learner records, where the apprenticeship programme aim is recorded as on a break (Completion status = 6) or the outcome is unknown (Outcome = 8) and Learning planned end date >= 1 August 2016.

You should be able to do simply this from your MI system.
    You could leave out the Learning planned end date, but you should identify if any earler than 1 Aug 2016 are in learning.
    HTH

sarahpotts
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I am really confused with this.

Is the cohort set at the start of funding year and would never change unless learners on a break in learning restarted aims?

I have had a look at occupancy lists August 17 for the first batch of 17/18 and looked at current figures there is a difference ?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sarah,
    Sorry I assumed you wanted to know about migrating learners to 2018/19.
    What is it you are after?
    Regards

sarahpotts
    Participant

I am looking to work out which learners will be included in the QAR cohort, the interim QAR figures look low and I cant figure how to match this to our MI records.

thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sarah,
    The QAR uses data from the last 5 years
    We base the overall QAR on the hybrid end year. The hybrid end year is the latter of:
    the actual end year of an apprenticeship
    the planned end year of an apprenticeship
    the reporting year
    The reporting year is included to capture those overdue continuing learning aims, overdue planned breaks or late completions recorded in the following academic year (up to R04).

You would have to exclude those who are not funded etc.
    I do not know if you can replicate this simply from your MI system
    HTH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.