Apprenticeship DLOCK_07 price mismatch – resolve before R14 hard close

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeship DLOCK_07 price mismatch – resolve before R14 hard close

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Henry ESFA
    Keymaster

Read this blog for information on how to resolve apprenticeship Data Lock 07 data mismatches

http://feconnect.sfa.bis.gov.uk/blog/uncategorized/data-lock-07-price-mismatch-information-resolve-before-r14-hard-close/

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Henry ESFA.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Henry,
    I have for a long time suspected that price match issues related to the year episodes and the relevant dates despite the previous reassurance from the ESFA that these errors would be corrected automatically at year end and that we need to take no action where the values did match.

I now see that this is not the case and Providers must understand and resolve any such issues before R14 hard close in a weeks’ time.

I am surprised that the ESFA have only now seen fit to advise Providers of this as I raised this as an episode and date issue many months ago, it is all now a bit late in the day to expect Providers and employers to understand and correct this issue that may result in a loss of funding.
    Regards

Peter Hancock
    Participant

Henry,
    I’ve been waiting for weeks for support with ILR data mismatches, and your blog is the closest I have come to getting an explanation. However, If I understand your message correctly, there are three possible causes of DLOCk_07.

1) Mismatch between ILR year files,
    or
    2) Mismatch between one ILR year file and the DAS
    or
    3) Mismatch between More than one ILR year file and the DAS

Trouble is, we don’t know which of the causes actually applies. And is it true that R03 will not be processing 18/19 files until after the R14 close? So it is actually quite difficult for us ensure that ALL necessary corrections will be made before R14 closes because we don’t have all the necessary tools at our disposal.

paultaylor
    Participant

Just to add to the points above the timing of this is very frustrating and it feels like the ESFA have not been able to resolve this effectively and are now pushing this back to providers.

There seems to be an assumption in this solution timeline that providers will submit their final data on the deadline day which will not be the case. For a number of reasons we will be sending our final submission this Friday so the timing of this communication is not helpful.

We have raised our issue with the service desk and await their response. It is not obvious where the issue lies and how to resolve it. We suspect that our data is correct and that maybe the issue is the use of month long start and end dates for consecutive programmes in the App Service.

There is a risk that we will lose funding for some learners which will be due to the Agency not being able to resolve systems and the the timings of this workaround.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  paultaylor.

Taylor26
    Participant

I have had our data for 2 learners which this “mismatch” affects (there is no mismatch!) and have confirmed it is OK.

We haven’t received funding for these 2 learners since January with the ESFA constantly saying they would fix it, it would be fixed by R14 etc.

Logged it with the Service Desk but this is ridiculous, R14 is next Thursday!
    I hope the ESFA are willing to extend the window on this particular issue pass R14, otherwise it just isn’t fair.

Peter Hancock
    Participant

I also have the opinion that data mismatches are now being reported for the first time about data which has not changed for many months. It seems that some checks may not have been made before, but are now taking place.

Furthermore, the notices of data mismatch shown on the DAS are not helpful at all. Some of them simply report an error when trying to view the details, and others apparently show the mismatch, but both versions displayed are identical. Not helpful at all.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Will the ESFA respond to the genuine concerns and issues before their deadline? Will it be possible to get a response that actually relieves the problems, please?

A related query – are comments best left here against Henry’s post or against the actual blog post via the hyperlink above? Which will produce a helpful answer in time?

SFA STAFF

Henry ESFA
    Keymaster

Dear colleagues,

This scenario is different to the known issue that was resolved at R13 which related to a reporting error that was causing some datalock mismatches incorrectly. This was fixed by R13 and removed from the known issues document accordingly.

The guidance referred to here is specific to a scenario where providers have adjusted the price and backdated this to a previous funding year. The Apprenticeship Funding Guide and the Provider Support Manual are clear that these changes should not be made. However, if you have this type of DLOCK_07 you should use this guidance which will resolve most cases.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Hi Henry,

Thank you for responding.

You do not appear to have answered all of the questions both above and against the blog post – are you able to, please?

Many thanks,
    Caspar

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Please also see http://feconnect.sfa.bis.gov.uk/forums/topic/dlock_10-dlock_07-dlock_03-and-dlock_09/ and http://feconnect.sfa.bis.gov.uk/forums/topic/dlock_10-dlock_12/ and others – there appear to be a lot of posts around about DLOCK that demonstrate that this is both complicated and unclear for Providers

darrenvidler
    Participant

Answered my question but then it was slightly different to the above. I agree with others that this guidance has come late and, even with the guidance in the provider support manual, remains open to interpretation.

Given recent changes to data that have introduced other DLOCKS we weren’t expecting I think earlier comms from the agency would have been welcomed by the sector.

R14 is always a good challenge but any more variables and my greying hair is likely to start falling out…

paultaylor
    Participant

It would be interesting to know the total value of income not paid out post R14 due to DLOCK errors.

The volume of queries on this forum suggests that it will be significant. If so many providers are struggling to resolve these ‘errors’ then this would suggest that there is something wrong with the the resolution solution and/or the guidance for what needs to be done so this will need reviewing.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    I would have to agree to an extent as although all the guidance is there it is split between various documents and as we know it can often be interpreted differently by different people.

I did ask many months ago if ESFA digital could provide documentation to Employers and Providers on how changes should be made for the various scenario’s related to learner and levy funding changes so that both could better understand each other’s role for any change required but unfortunately this fell on deaf ears.

I think due to the number of issues over Dlock errors they will need to review their stance on this.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.