Apprenticeship under one year

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeship under one year

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Ruth CJ
    Participant

We have an apprentice where the curriculum team decided to complete their framework in less than a year, as the student wanted to start on an FE programme in September.

We know that we can claim the individual quals, but can’t claim the ACE certificate.

My question is, would you code the framework as Completion and Fail, or Withdrawal? The definition of Completion Status says;

An indication of the degree of completion of the learning activities leading to the learning aim.

For apprenticeship standards, the learning activities for the programme aim include both the training and end point assessment. Code 2 must only be used for the apprenticeship standard programme aim where both the training and end point assessment activities have been completed.

This isn’t an aim or a standard. The PSM doesn’t really elaborate any further.

My decision would be Completion and Fail, as they didn’t actually Withdraw, but I wanted to see what others thought.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ruth,
    I do not think it matters as it will be counted as a none achiever in the QAR.
    I would think it should be withdrawn for the Programme aim as the learner did not complete the minimum duration as required, component aims if achieved should indicate completion and achievement.
    HTH

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.