Apprenticeships – transfer to a different employer and provider

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeships – transfer to a different employer and provider

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  firozapatten 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • firozapatten
    Participant

Hi,
    I am fairly new to Apprenticeships and I have been asked a question from our Apprenticeship Manager and I wanted to check if anyone could offer any advice

We have an apprentice who is doing an Early Years Level 2 with another provider which started in December 2016 under funding model code 365– can she transfer to a different employer who now comes under the Levy funding and provider (ie us – CALAT) to do the same Framework – Early Years Level 2 ?

I know I would have to account for Prior Learning and we may have to adjust the price accordingly. Should I complete the Original Start Date field and flag the apprentice as a Re-Start as it is now different funding streams?

Any advice would be appreciated.

thank you
    Linda.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Linda,
    Although an Apprentice may change Employer or Provider during their Apprenticeship you are restricted to using the same funding stream the learner started under which I assume was FM 35.
    Even though the new employer is a levy payer they would have to continue with the original programme under FM 35 as the start was prior to 1 May 2017, you cannot use or transfer to Levy funding (FM 36) in this situation.
    HTH

firozapatten
    Participant

Thank you very much Martin.

That does help and makes perfect sense.

Thanks again,

Linda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.