BI Report – FRM 16 – Employer Contributions Due

Home Forums Data issues BI Report – FRM 16 – Employer Contributions Due

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ewilliams3 6 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • ewilliams3
    Participant

Hi
    Okay – so I am working through the learners who are on this report without a payment being recorded and I cannot work out why a learner is appearing on there…. I have checked:
    Age – learner is 17
    Small Employer Flag – this is ticked and was ticked in the first ILR the record was returned in.
    Total Negotiated Price – is the same as the Maximum band so that can’t be triggering a different payment.
    Employer has not been flagged as an issue re size.

What else do I need to check / have I missed ?

Thanks in advance!

steveh
    Participant

hmmm, the guidance here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/664445/Funding_Monitoring_Reports_User_Guide_1718.pdf

does have a bit of a disclaimer/known issue:

If the small employer waiver applies, you must report the ‘SEM’ flag in the ILR at
    the start of the programme. Reporting the SEM flag after the start month results
    in co-investment being calculated in the months before the flag was added. This
    may continue to appear in this report even if the waiver is recorded in future
    months but we will correct this data.

[my emphasis]

Might it be that?

steveh
    Participant

Ah, sorry, see you’ve addressed that! Bit stumped then!

AlexSFA
    Participant

Was going to follow up with what Steve said…can you specify what payment types have been calculated? The reports will give you all the different payment types. Presumably the employer co-investment required is > 0, but is there a corresponding amount of ESFA co-investment paid? Just want to check as that should be > 0 as well.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  AlexSFA.

ewilliams3
    Participant

Hi Alex –
    Yes –

ESFA Co-investment paid shows £160
    Co-investment required shows £17.78

For my own notes in triple checking = we enrolled the learner on 25th September, ticked the small employer flag on 29th Sept and submitted on 4th October – the flag was in that file.

There is a problem with his working hours field but wouldn’t thought that would come in to it in this report ?

Thanks, Elisa.

AlexSFA
    Participant

Hi Elise

Does the employment status with the SEM flag apply on or before the programme start date?

Alex

donna1805
    Participant

Hi – where are these reports as they do not appear on my Hub?

Thank you
    Donna

AlexSFA
    Participant

Donna

You may need to request access. If you can already access QARs you should have access to to the FRM dashboard through the ‘BI Tools’ area of the Hub.

Further guidance on accessing BIRST and the reports can be found in the monitoring reports user guide :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sfa-financial-assurance-monitoring-the-funding-rules

Alex

ewilliams3
    Participant

Hi Alex –

It applies on the day they started the apprenticeship.

It is a learner who started on a full-time programme and then gained an apprenticeship.

Thanks, Elisa.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.