Capping of carry-in apprenticeships

Home Forums Data issues Capping of carry-in apprenticeships

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  itsme 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • kennystoddart
    Participant

We were capped last month due to maxing our profile for carry in apprentices on the old P1-8 and P9-12 system. However a week later, the over profile funds were released.
    Opened this month’s PFR and it has been reversed out again, plus a cap on all P8 carry in funding.
    Anyone else seen this happen as this will cause serious problems!

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hi Kenny,

yes the period 1-8 MCV cap has been applied and it will be interesting to see how quickly the ESFA responds to this given that throughout the transition period they have always stated that all carry-in apprentices would be supported through to completion.
    Chris

GaynorLF
    Participant

Same here

According to our Provider Manager ‘this will be corrected next month’.

Not going to hold my breath………..

kennystoddart
    Participant

The guidelines do state that performance point is in May but I just don’t understand why the capping from last month was released a week later then applied again this month. With period 8 completely capped too, this is a double whammy for cash flow.

Jan123
    Participant

This has happened to us too. Provider Manager said that allocations are being reviewed and variations to contracts are being made.

Daniel Dowson
    Participant

I’ve had confirmation from our Account Manager that “the capping is being released through a manual payment to be made in the next few days. There will be a second payment run this month that will include these capping amounts. The payment run will be on 19th April and should reach bank accounts a few days later.”.

kennystoddart
    Participant

But they did this last month and reversed it back out this month, which is what I don’t understand.

Jan123
    Participant

Actually yes Kenny you’re right. Except ours goes back further than I thought so check yours just in case.

For us the exact same payment amount was capped in March, paid in March again and then capped again in April. For it to now be released again…

EDIT:

Now i have read your original post again yeah same thing!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Jan123.

Daniel Dowson
    Participant

Further update from our Account Manager – “we are working on a permanent fix this month and a contract variation will follow. Basically we will increase the allocation to match the actual delivery so that automatic payments are generated rather than doing the manual payments.”

I suspect with the numerous ongoing contracts, rules & systems issues, alongside the vast number of new providers, the ESFA probably don’t have the resource to prioritise everything that needs fixing.

kennystoddart
    Participant

Thanks Daniel, I just wish my contact’s communication was as responsive as yours.

itsme
    Participant

Same boat here!!! Thanks for your replies guys 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.