Changing ILR data

Home Forums Data issues Changing ILR data

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sarahm 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • sarahm
    Participant

Good Morning
    How do you go about making changes to what a learner is registered against on the ILR?
    I had previously recorded a learner as doing all three functional skills as she had no exemptions. However, she was just finishing off another qualification whilst enrolling on this one and has since passed Maths and English. What do I do about this? as obviously we will have been drawing funds down for this. How do I make the change? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Sarah

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sarah,
    Not sure I understand ‘has since passed Maths and English’ as should not have been on any other funding stream at the same time as undertaking an Apprenticeship.
    As long as the aims are in the current year you could leave them out of the final (R12) return for the year, most MI systems allow you to do this by excluding the aim from the ILR.
    HTH

sarahm
    Participant

Hi Martin
    This learner had previously done a health and social care qualification and understood that she had completed. Her previous training provider then made her sit the functional skills at the end which she wasn’t aware she had to do. We were not aware of this qualification and it wasn’t on the learner record service. She had since then signed up with ourselves for a different qualification where functional skills are required and told us she had no exemptions at that time, but now her passes have shown up on the LRS along with her health and social care qualification.
    So I can just delete the functional skills entries against her? I assume we will then have to pay back any money that has been paid to us against these aims?
    Thanks
    Sarah

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sarah,
    It is not normal practice to delete the records you should just exclude them from the ILR in R12, this will automatically recalculate the funding due for these aims for the current year and this will be shown as a negative amount in R12 balancing the years payments to zero.

sarahm
    Participant

How do I exclude without deleting the entry? Sorry if I am being daft here……

Martin West
    Participant

Most ILR systems have a facility to exclude aims from the ILR but if yours does not then you can delete them.

sarahm
    Participant

I just use the ILR entry tool, we do not have our own system

Martin West
    Participant

That does not have a facility to exclude individual aims so you will need to delete them.
    You can only exclude at the learner level (tick box against each learner) but you would only use this where a learner did not start and you need to exclude the whole record from the ILR.

HTH

sarahm
    Participant

Thanks Martin, that makes sense

Thank you

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.