DAS Agreement Identifier

Home Forums Data issues DAS Agreement Identifier

This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  OFFS 1 day, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
  • KLF2015
    Participant

Hi All,

Has anyone been able to find out whether the agreement identifier is now showing on the employer’s DAS yet?

and if so where they can find it.

Many Thanks

OFFS
    Participant

Well according to the provider support manual for 18/19:

4.7 Employment status 4.7.1 Agreement identifier
    232. This is a new field for 2018 to 2019. The agreement identifier is a unique number that is automatically generated and displayed when an employer signs their employer agreement within their apprenticeship service account.
    233. In the 2018 to 2019 funding year, training providers will need to enter the identifier for any levy-funded apprenticeships in their Individualised Learner Record (ILR) returns. This will need to be done for any new starts and for all current apprentices that started before August 2018.
    234. Training providers will be able to view the identifier within the “Apprentice” section of their training provider account on the Apprenticeship Service.
    235. Employers will be able to see their agreement identifier within the “Your organisations and agreements” section of their account within the Apprenticeship Service and can supply the number to their training provider once it is available.

236. The agreement identifier will be will be displayed against each organisation (legal entity) that signs an employer agreement. This will be displayed in the “Your organisations and agreement” section of their account.
    237. If the agreement has already been signed then the agreement identifier will be displayed automatically.

But I don’t know if it is actually visible or not yet ?

KLF2015
    Participant

I can’t see anything on our Apprentice’s tab in our DAS account to indicate an ID number of sorts?

OFFS
    Participant

Unfortunately I can’t suggest anything else as I don’t have access to the AS system at all – there have been several other topics on this forum on the same thing – as this has to be returned for 17/18 carryover as well as 18/19 starts, time is getting very short to get everything done for the period 1 submission.
    AS assistance on the matter has been woeful to non-existent. Looking at their blog (https://sfadigital.blog.gov.uk/category/digital-apprenticeship-service/) I imagine the details are somewhere on a coloured post-it note, of which they are so very fond

KLF2015
    Participant

I have emailed the apprenticeship service and received the reply below:

Thank you for contacting the National Apprenticeship Service, my name is Ashley. I understand from your email that you would like some further information on the ‘agreement identifier’.

At present the ‘agreement identifier’ is not live and it will not be required until the September data return.

OFFS
    Participant

Thanks KLF, that’s good to know. Hopefully the hub validation will be updated !

SFA STAFF

Henry ESFA
    Keymaster

Dear apprenticeship training providers,

We are currently conducting research on how apprenticeship training providers might find the agreement identifier for including in ILR data returns.

Our researchers would welcome the chance to discuss this with you and gather your feedback on prototype screens relating to this.

This feedback session would take place via a 30 minute web conference in which the researcher would share their screen with you for you to see and provide feedback.

If you would like to participate in this research, please book a suitable time slot at the weblink below. Sessions are taking place this week and next week, from Thursday 9th to Wednesday 15th August.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UU5iR3J0eXV4bkdOfGRlZmF1bHR8YjY1YWEzMDBjYTUzZDYwMTE1MjNjYTI4OTliNTEzNmM

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with Mayur on mayur.shah@digital.education.gov.uk

Martin West
    Participant

You need to do research on how to find the DAS employer agreement identifier!
    Words fail me.

OFFS
    Participant

Dare I ask what research is needed just to display an ID code?
    And isn’t it a little late for this?
    It just needs to be easy to find/report so providers can catch up with the backlog ASAP.

Richard Francis
    Participant

Hi Henry,

Could you just add “Employers” as a third option to the home screen in DAS, along with “Your cohorts” and “Manage your apprentices”? You could also list the cohorts we have with those employers there.

Cheers,
    Richard.

OFFS
    Participant

Pete_Johnson
    Participant

We’re now several days on from the announcement regarding the new field.

Can anyone see anything yet as we’ve been looking but haven’t found anything. If anyone has found it can they please share which screen it is on.

r012943
    Participant

Hello,

I can see that this is now visible in an Employer account, but has anyone been able to find the Agreement Identifier within a Training Provider account?

Thanks for any help

Maxicat
    Participant

Went into the Apprentice Service – still cannot see where to find the Agreement Identifier. Has anyone had any luck finding it.

Spats
    Participant

Henry, could I make a constructive suggestion that maybe your colleagues work out how training providers are supposed to obtain information *before* issuing guidance telling us that we have to return that information?

Apprenticeship data is becoming increasingly farcical.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

We passed farcical several years ago IMHO.

Richard Francis
    Participant

Nothing yet.

zpenny
    Participant

I took part in the research on Tuesday and was shown some mock up screens of where a provider may be able to locate the identifier but these clearly aren’t even at the development stage yet. We have been contacting the employers we work with, where possible, and asking them to provide us with the Id. The Id became visible on employers AS accounts on Monday.

Are we expected to return the Id for all learners where funding model = 36 and ACT1 or just for those with a 18/19 start date?

Richard Francis
    Participant

There’s another thread on here discussing this issue (here). The consensus seemed to be that it’s all FM36 ACT1, as there’s nothing in the validation rules to say it applies to new starts only.

SFA STAFF

Henry ESFA
    Keymaster

Dear colleagues,

Please note the following –

The Agreement ID will be visible to providers on the apprentices details page shortly. Employers can already see the Agreement ID in “Organisations and Agreements”.

Regards

Henry

KLF2015
    Participant

just want to confirm that we are expected to input this ID for all of our FM36 ACT1 learners we have had since May 17?

I don’t see how that is particularly fair on providers who are going to have to spend days going back on older data, especially ones who has been working a lot with Levy employers!

Richard Francis
    Participant

Thanks for the update Henry. So, to get the AgreeId, we pick one apprentice from each of our employers, go to their record in DAS and note the number. Is that correct? Is there anyway that you could give us an optional csv download of our data in DAS so we could just insert it into our systems?

Also, when you say shortly, do you mean today, this week or before the end of August?

OFFS
    Participant

On the issue of which learner records require the ID, from provider support manual para 233:
    “In the 2018 to 2019 funding year, training providers will need to enter the identifier for any levy-funded apprenticeships in their Individualised Learner Record (ILR) returns. This will need to be done for any new starts and for all current apprentices that started before August 2018.”

So yes, a lot of backlog to add in for some providers. I imagine that a further delay in applying the validation to require the ID would be welcomed.

• This reply was modified 1 day, 23 hours ago by  OFFS.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

It is transparently obvious that the window of opportunity to gather this data is being daily shrunk by the delays in getting this ready for the new academic year (which has of course already started and so it is daily increasingly overdue) and the requirement to append this new data to all existing continuing records as well as new starters is creating an intolerable burden upon Providers at an already busy time.

There can be no doubt that more information from the ESFA is required and that it is essential that there is leniency and acceptance that if (!) a Return is to be made for R01 then it cannot have this field populated for all Learners within the Return and that any without it filled in will NOT be excluded from the acceptable submission.

OFFS
    Participant

ESFA have already said in http://feconnect.sfa.bis.gov.uk/blog/uncategorized/apprenticeship-service-new-agreement-identifier/ : “The agreement identifier is not currently a mandatory requirement so payments will not be affected where an error is identified”
    The last I heard was that it might be required for R02. I would say that is now wishful thinking…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.