DAS progression/completion

Home Forums Data issues DAS progression/completion

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  matthew.rogers 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • TP
    Participant

I have an employer who stopped their DAS cohort for completed learners, this impacted on a loss of 1 month opp and completion payment.
    All completers whether progressing or not need to remain live in DAS.

Helpdesk have advised they raise a new cohort for the final month. I am still trying to get this from the employer but –
    I don’t think the DAS account will allow it as dates will conflict

Anyone else come across this yet?

TIA

katenicholson
    Participant

We have come across issues like this as we’ve had some employers who have STOPPED their apprentices when they completed, I’m guessing they need to put them back on then? Will there still be a date conflict if the STOP date was earlier than the expected end date used??
    Does the same go for temporary breaks, should the learners stay LIVE on the DAS?
    Thanks

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi All,

We have came across this this week and the Employer has stopped the DAS entrys on the completion date.

Its ridiculous how this has not been thought of by the developers of the DAS and is even more so, that we as the provider have to explain to employers everything about the system.

Why on earth when we submit a matching DAS entry with an achieved date on the ILR this automatically updates the status of the DAS to completed is beyond me…. O wait, the Matching errors are only there to bash providers over the head with to stop paying us for delivery.

As stated on here before multiple time the DAS and the reports for the new apprenticeships are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi All,

I have received the following ‘guidance’ from the service desk on what to do – It quite frankly is beyond a joke, the system has been out over a year now with no guidance of any sort to say providers should do this. And yet again more admin work and potential errors entering yet more duplicated data into a website.

——————————————————————-

Hi Matthew

Thank you for contacting the Service Desk

If the learner has completed a level of the Apprenticeship and is then progressing to the next level with the same provider and employer the below process must be followed. Please note the employers actions have also been added.

Providers should:
    • Record their ILR data to reflect the activity that has occurred
    • Amend the training end date of the first apprentice record on the apprenticeship service – this should be edited to the same month that the they used in the actual end date field of their ILR. This can be done by the employer or the training provider but the change must be approved by both parties
    • Work with the employer during the second apprenticeship to make sure that a second apprentice record is entered on the service and approved by the employer (if this is not done, no payments will be made for the second apprenticeship). This record can start in the same month that the previous one ended
    • If the apprentice is not progressing on to a second apprenticeship programme, the training end date of the apprentice’s record (on the apprenticeship service) does not need to be amended

Employers should:
    • Not apply a stop or a pause on the apprenticeship service
    • Instead, they will need to amend the training end date of the first apprentice record – this should be edited to the same month that the provider used in the actual end date field of their ILR. This can be done by the employer or the training provider but the change must be approved by both parties
    • Work with the provider to make sure that a second apprentice record is entered on the service and approved by both parties (if this is not done, no payments will be made for the second apprenticeship to the provider)
    • If the apprentice is not progressing on to a second apprenticeship programme, the training end date of the apprentice’s record (on the apprenticeship service) does not need to be amended

matthew.rogers
    Participant

This happened to us in September. The employer and I decided to take the learner back to start date on DAS and submit a new cohort request that mirrored the original/stopped request.

The issue is that when an apprentice is stopped, the employer can only change to the stopped date to an earlier and not a later date. Let us hope the developers look into this as a matter of urgency!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.