DAS Stop dates

Home Forums Data issues DAS Stop dates

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth CJ 16 hours, 50 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Taylor26
    Participant

Hi

Does anyone have experience where an employer incorrectly stopped there DAS cohort for an apprentice?

And were you able to get the employer to ‘change’ the stop date?
    Our issue is an apprentice completed there apprenticeship but a month after their planned end date.

The employer for some reason thought they had to stop the account on their planned end date as the learner had finished… this has now resulted in a loss of funding and is affected our R14 return.

We are trying to talk to the employer about this.

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hi there,

yes a stop date can be changed by an employer. A stop cannot be removed though as far as I know.

Chris

darrenvidler
    Participant

Hi Taylor,

The employer can amend the stop date but only to an earlier date than the one they have entered. If the date needs to be moved to a later date they will need to contact the manage apprentices helpdesk.

Kind regards,

Darren

Taylor26
    Participant

Hi Darren, Chris

That was what I was afraid of. Thanks for responding so quickly.

The stress of all of this lol

Thanks both 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Taylor26.

katenicholson
    Participant

Hi
    We have a few employers who have STOPPED their apprentices when they have completed their apprenticeship which I’m now realising is the wrong thing to do. I have been informed that the action of putting an END DATE in the ILR will be shown in the DAS and the employer will be informed of a change that they need to confirm.
    I’m assuming that the employers who have STOPPED their apprentices will need to contact the helpdesk??
    Thanks
    Kate

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Oh yes! We’ve had several employers stop their DAS when they shouldn’t have. It’s a complete pain, as you have to get them to go and alter that one to have the same start and end dates, then start a new from from the beginning. I need to create a DAS fact sheet for employers. Some barely know what it is, some are over eager.

katenicholson
    Participant

Hi Ruth, so you’re saying they have to start a brand new one from the start once they have amended the old one? What does this do to the payments that have already been processed through the system?
    Thanks
    Kate

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Kate,

That’s what we’ve been told to do in the past by the Manage Apprenticeships helpdesk. Since even they can’t reinstate a stopped record, there’s nothing else we can do. I guess it would put all the money back in for the previous record, but them immediately take it back out for the new one, as it would be backdated. Shouldn’t make any difference to you as a provider, as long as they do both things at the same time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.