Definition of First Full Level 2

Home Forums Data issues Definition of First Full Level 2

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mukul Gupta 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Mukul Gupta
    Participant

Hi All

Can I get the opinion of others as to what is meant by the term “First Full Level 2” as mentioned in the 2018-19 AEB Funding Rules under the Government Contribution Table where it says Level 2 (excluding English & Maths) (First full Level 2 must be delivered as part of the legal entitlement).
    The above, it goes on to say, is Fully Funded (first and full) for the 19-23 year olds.

Does the first and full imply:
    1. someone who does not have even a single level 2/gcse grade A* – C; or
    2. someone who is (say) one short of all 5 gcse grades A* – C and therefore is not a
    full Level 2

I’ll be grateful for your views on this.

Thanks and with regards

Mukul

Martin West
    Participant

steveh
    Participant

Hi

If someone has 4 or fewer GCSES A*-C/4-9 then they do not have a full level two and those under 23 are entitled to full funding on other full level two courses.

Mukul Gupta
    Participant

Thanks Martin & Steve for your replies.

I’m comfortable with the “full” component but am slightly confused with the “first” element of the “first and full”.

Martin West
    Participant

You should read “First Full Level 2” in the context of the learners first full level two qualification e.g. that have not achieved a qualification that is a full level 2 before.
    HTH

Mukul Gupta
    Participant

Thanks Martin, much apreiated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.