Degree apprenticeship changes

Home Forums Data issues Degree apprenticeship changes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ben.Feighery 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • joannab
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for opinions on how to treat a cohort of apprentices. They are all on a degree apprenticeship which started in 2017/18 and were due to finish in July 2022. The programme has now been amended and by taking extra modules each year they are now planned to finish in July 2021. For our internal processes we will be showing a transfer so that the modules and credits are shown and calculated properly. What would you do in the ILR? I’m torn between (1)leaving them where they are and having them with an actual end date of a year early when they get to it, and (2) transferring them so that the new planned end date is shown. This has the advantage that we can draw down the extra funds each month now that the TNP is spread across fewer monthly periods. The TNP is staying the same (less the amount that has already been drawn down). Has anyone got any feelings on which is the ‘correct’ way to do it?

thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    In the ILR you cannot change the planned end date and it would not be advised to use a transfer as this may be seen by the ESFA as circumventing this rule.

HTH

Ben.Feighery
    Participant

I agree With Martin,
    The planned end date cannot be changed unless it was due to an administrative error (and even then it’s not that straightforward). The planned end date needs to reflect what the planned programme length was on the learner’s first day, any subsequent changes to the plan are deviations of this. I work with many providers who have a second internal date to indicate what the up to date estimate for the learners completion is which takes account of changes of circumstance or slow progression but does not get returned within the ILR.

so in short.. plan A, leave them as they are.

Ben F.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.