DLOCK_07, Standard total training cost and EOP cost records

Home Forums Data issues DLOCK_07, Standard total training cost and EOP cost records

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gsmyth 3 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Ro
    Participant

HI
    DLOCK_07 description showing the ILR value does not match the App service value.

My question is ,
    if the End point assessment is included in the total training cost do i have to split the values?
    e.g. if the overall training cost is 5000 and EOP costs 650
    would i record total training as 5000 and the seperate EOP cost of 650 or should i record the total training cost as 4350 and EOP as 650 (to make the inclusive 5000) ?

am i making sense?

Martin West
    Participant

training cost as 4350 and EOP as 650

Ro
    Participant

Great, thanks for the quick response Martin

Ro
    Participant

Still getting the DLOCK_07 and have recorded TNP’s as recommended above.

On contacting the service desk i was told that although they can see that both values on the ILR and the AS are the same at £5000 the lock is in-place as both provider and employer must approve the change on the AS.

I’m confused
    As the overall cost is still the same for the employer what change can the employer approve?
    this match error was not on R01 and the only change for R02 was to add the cost of the EPA.
    i’m clearly missing something!

anyone had this match error and resolved it?

gsmyth
    Participant

Good afternoon,

Did you resolve this error as I’m now having the same issue.

With our first batch of learners to complete EPA, I was also advised to have the TNP as £4350 and £650 but I’m getting the DLOCK error now at upload.

Thanks,

Ro
    Participant

HI
    yes, although i have to admit after bouncing from service desk to service desk i’m a bit hazy.
    it was during the overlap of 2 contract years and the TNPs were not consistent on both years ILR (no idea why as the TNPs hadnt been changed).
    I had to go into each ILR, check each years TNP record matched and amended manually.

Hope this helps.

Smoss
    Participant

Yes we are getting the same error, I have been informed by the ESFA help desk

61 On the Apprenticeship Data Match Report you may see unexpected errors for different DLOCK codes.

“This issue has been raised with our technical team as a defect and they are working on a fix.

When you see a data match error, please check your data on the apprenticeship service and your ILR file in the first instance. If this data is identical (relating to the error code and description you see on your data match report), you do not need to make any data changes. We expect your payments to be automatically adjusted following calculation improvements to resolve this issue.”

Martin West
    Participant

Hi All,
    Where data on the DLOCK report matches it could be an issue with dates so check the dates recorded against the TNP recorded on the ILR.
    HTH

gsmyth
    Participant

Hi,

With the dates, on the TNP1 and TNP2 do they need to both be the learners start date?

Or would TNP2 match the date they’ve sat EPA?

Thanks,

Smoss
    Participant

I put the learners start date, not saying that is right as I am new to the ILR.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi All,
    To avoid any issues with levy accounts the TNP 2 date should be dated when you require it to be implemented in the levy account.

You cannot change or enter a TNP date outside of the current year as all Levy accounts were closed at the end of 2016/17.

The original TNP would be at the learners start date but if you enter a subsequent TNP it should be dated the date it is to be effective from in the current year.
    HTH

gsmyth
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Thank you for this.

When i kept both TNP’s as the start date the upload went through with no issue, when i changed the TNP2 to the EPA date (the date required to be implemented) was when i received the DLock error.

Does this mean that even though i had the DLock error i should have kept the second date as the EPA date?

Many thanks,

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    You had it correctly recorded as the start date you did not need to change it to the date the EPA was carried out.
    HTH

Smoss
    Participant

Hi

I recorded it at the start date and it is saying DLock error.

gsmyth
    Participant

Hi Martin,

But where you’ve said, To avoid any issues with levy accounts the TNP 2 date should be dated when you require it to be implemented in the levy account.

Would TNP2 not need to be implemented at EPA stage, rather than start date?

Thanks,

Martin West
    Participant

The EPA amount should be entered at start (assuming it is known at that point) or you will not draw down all the funding due or the correct payments from the levy account.
    The TNP 2 date and amount has nothing to do with when the EPA take place as it is part of the overall negotiated price at the start.
    HTH

gsmyth
    Participant

Ah yes, that makes sense.

Fab, thank you for your help with this Martin.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.