DLOCK_10, DLOCK_07, DLOCK_03 and DLOCK_09

Home Forums Data issues DLOCK_10, DLOCK_07, DLOCK_03 and DLOCK_09

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sambern 7 hours, 38 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts

  • elm1504
    Participant

    Hi,

    I’m looking for some help with some errors I’ve received for a learner who has transferred programme in 1819. I’ll try and explain as best I can but I’m not getting very far with help so any advice or thoughts would be appreciated at this point!

    I have a learner who completed a last day in learning on 28/08/2018 and a first day in learning on 29/08/2018. I stopped the original record in the AS and added a new record for the new programme with those dates corresponding. I also updated R01 to reflect this change. We’ve had learners transfer before, and this is the process we have followed for each of these with no errors, issues or problems.

    I now have DLOCK errors for this learner, and I can’t figure out how to resolve them. The AS helpdesk have said that if it isn’t creating an error in there then it’s fine, but that it’s because the end date and the new start date overlap (this did create an error but that error has now disappeared!). And I’ve not heard back from the ESFA yet.

    I also have a bunch of DLOCK_10 errors (which have not created errors in the AS) for some, but not all, of the learners whose learning I have ended as they have left us (we are an Employer Provider). The dates on the ILR match that in the AS and I can’t see what has triggered this for the ones affected. Again I have queried this with the ESFA but have not heard back yet.

    I hope this is enough information for someone to be able to offer some advice!

     
    #295891

    elm1504
    Participant

    I’ve noticed something about the errors that I’m getting for these learners and wondered if anyone is experiencing the same?

    All of the learners that have been affected (our transferred learner and the DLOCK_10) are in August. I have processed several leavers with other stop dates (June, July, September and October) which have created no data lock errors. All the effected learners have had their learning stopped in August. This is the same for the transfer – she had her learning stopped and started in August (the other transfers were March and June). I’m wondering if there is something about the way that the Apprenticeship Service is communicating with the ILR data in August in particular?

    It might be a crazy thought – but I’ve still not heard back from the service desk so I’m trying to cover all my bases!

     
    #296835

    sambern
    Participant

    That seems to be our understanding. It’s matching August progressions against both DAS records. We have a learner who progressed in August from a level 2 framework to a level 3 standard. R12 had no data lock errors, but R13 has 11 errors for this one learner. Errors are duplicate 3,4,5,6,7 and 9(9 just appears once). It looks like it’s trying to match both ILR entries against both DAS entries and causing errors in the process. I’m not sure what’s causing the issue.

     
    #298184

    Martin West
    Participant

    Hi All,
    Just a thought is this all a red herring as it does say in the known issues that relating to the data match report ‘You may see unexpected errors relating to activity starting on 01/08/2018.’.
    This may be due to conflicting data you have in R02 18/19 and the advice is ‘As this is the start of the next funding year, you can ignore these errors as they will be filtered out at R14’.
    This may not be the case where you have a Dlock_07 error that has been caused by changes to TNP amounts that relate to 16/17 being incorrectly changed in 17/18.
    HTH

     
    #298227

    sambern
    Participant

    We thought so as well. However we received an email on Friday asking us to correct this error. Unfortunately the email we received isn’t accepting responses.

     
    #298240

    sambern
    Participant

    On the latest Known issues that appears as a closed error. For us this is appearing in R14 but not R02 so it’s almost the reverse. As this seems to be saying if the error is not in R13 but is in R02 then it’s not an issue.

     
    #298245

    Martin West
    Participant

    Hi Sam,
    On the latest known issues for 17/18 (for R14) it is still Active together AS12, AS13 and AS14 that all relate to the data match report.
    Just checked again.

     
    #298261

    sambern
    Participant

    Yes you’re correct. Sorry Couldn’t find it previously. Thanks Martin.

     
    #298265
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.