EFA CONDITION OF FUNDING

Home Forums Data issues EFA CONDITION OF FUNDING

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ELAINEC 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • ELAINEC
    Participant

Hi

I have a learner that has a grade D GCSE and is on a full time EFA programme. The condition of funding requires her to complete GCSE however as she started in January she will no way be ready to re-sit in May. Her end date is July. Due to this can she work on level 2 functional skills?

Also as this is the last year to re-sit the old GCSE’S what happens when a learners start that have worked on the legacy GSCSE’s at school, will they still have to re-sit the new GSCE’S?

Mark
    Participant

We have similar, the rule is working towards not about taking the exam. This approach may affect achievement rates, but doing FS is not an option unless total hours are below 150. So if you have GCSE in the ILR and they are working towards those you are meeting the CoF.

The other option we looked at was working towards the 9-1 to take the exam next summer, but if your plan is to complete this summer that does not help.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/16-to-19-funding-maths-and-english-condition-of-funding

ELAINEC
    Participant

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

With regards to the new GCSE’s if a learner only worked on the old GCSE’s at school do they need to re-sit the new GCSE’s?

Mark
    Participant

My understanding is that the last time anyone can sit the old GCSE is this summer and there will be no resits in November.

ELAINEC
    Participant

Yes that is my understanding, however if a learner has only worked on the old GCSE and has to carry on to met the condition of funding they will have to re-sit the new style exams in November or next summer?

Mark
    Participant

Yes, it will be the 9-1 for everyone after this summer

ELAINEC
    Participant

Thanks Mark you have been a great help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.