EFA funding – timing of "draw down" in FIS

Home Forums Data issues EFA funding – timing of "draw down" in FIS

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • hlparkin
    Participant

Has anyone seen a newer version of the EFA 13/14 funding calculation specification draft that was published in May? I have looked on the Data Service website in all sorts of places, but not located one.

http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/e/efa_2013_14_funding_calculation_specification_draft_may_2013_003.pdf

I’m very confused at the moment about when funding will be “drawn down”/earned for an EFA learner in FIS (when it eventually arrives) – whether it will be at the start (as it was in 12/13AY for Classroom/Foundation Learning), or at some other point, or in some kind of instalment pattern (more like 13/14 SFA ASB funding). The closest I could get to this seemed to be the document above, and the pages on the payment period – but it seemed to have the effect of making that 6 months from the start date. The other EFA funding docs more generally do not seem to be all that clear about timing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

(Apologies for the re-post; I realised this morning I had not posted my question to quite the right place in the forum).

Martin West
    Participant

I think the May EFA calculations are the latest.
    Funding should be shown in FIS in the period it is earned but I believe that EFA In-year allocation payments are to be made on profile and not against actual as per FIS but this may be dependent on what type of provider you are College or CCP.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.