Home Forums Data issues Eligibility

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

  • Frances Hill

    I Have a young person who was born in September 2000 who has applied for a full time course at my college. This person has a National Insurance number but has no birth certificate and his passport is being held by The Home Office. He has an UK Border Agency Registration Card which was issued in 2013. on the card it states Forbidden from Taking Employment. Is this person entitled to funding for a programme of study?

    Many thanks



    Martin West

    Hi Frances,
    Not sure as not allowed to work is different to a right to education,but see the following:
    The ESFA will also consider asylum seekers , where an institution believes that a student should be considered for funding under exceptional circumstances, it must contact its funding body.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.