I may have missed something really obvious, but for Apprenticeship learners who start from May 2017 onwards, I understand that it comes directly from the SFA but which allocation does the funding for English and Math Functional Skills come from?
So we will have an allocation to cover any carry-in Apprenticeship learners that started prior to May, we will have an allocation for any new Apprenticeship starts in May, but are we needing another allocation to cover these Functional Skills?
This is taken from the Final 2017/18 1 Funding Statement on the hub.
‘Your allocation includes funding for the delivery of both apprenticeship frameworks and apprenticeship standards and any additional incentive payments that you must pass to employers. You must also fund the delivery of English and maths and learning support where required.’
But which funding line does it come from ? The latest version of the contract has a line for non-levy apprenticeships for 16-18 and a similar one for adult non-levy apprenticeships. Do functional skills come from that stream or from the main adult apprenticeship funding line ?
Thank you, Martin. Just so I have it right:
1. Non-Levy Employers – Functional Skills are funded directly from the ESFA and does not come out of the May-Dec Start Allocation
2. Levy Employers – If Functional Skills are required the cost of this is absorbed in the negotiated price or Funding Band.
1. Non-Levy Employers – Functional Skills are funded directly from the ESFA and does come out of your May-Dec Start Allocation
2. Levy Employers – Functional Skills are funded directly from the ESFA and does Not come out of the May-Dec Start Allocation
3. For both above, If Functional Skills are required the cost of this is not included in the negotiated price as they are funded directly by the ESFA.