ESF contracted in ILR?

Home Forums Data issues ESF contracted in ILR?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous

Hi, we currently are subcontracted by another FE provider to deliver ESF, ie. contracted in. We are not receiving direct funding from the SFA, but we deliver the course on behalf of another college that has an ESF contract.

Do we include these learners in our ILR?

Martin West
    Participant

It is my understanding that the only exceptions were learners subcontracted in from a school or Higher Education Institution (HEI) who are returned on an aggregate return (the ILR SUBCON) in which case you should include these learners as 99 in your return.
    Plenty of time before we can do a return anyway.

chrishick
    Participant

I would say not.

The learners should be returned in the ILR of the other provider if you are delivering it on their behalf. Presumably they enrol at the other provider rather than with yourselves?

Martin West
    Participant

Yes of course they have to be returned in the ILR for the provider who is claiming the funding but the ILR specifications are clear in that you have return data for all learners excepting for the exceptions that I have already mentioned.

Anonymous

If the institution you work at is an FE College then the learners should be included in the ILR but not as ESF funded. If you are any other sort of providers the learners do not need to be included.

Wayne Hosking
    Participant

Hi there,
    We are the main provider for an ESF project in our area and have partner training providers (including another FE college) within the project who provide us with an ILR of their ESF learners whom we are claiming for. We then return these along with our ESF learners as part of our larger submission to the SFA, they wouldn’t submit those learners seperately to my knowledge.

Hope that helps

Wayne

Anonymous

Thanks Wayne. Colleges do need to send data for all learners even those that they are not receiving funding directly from the Skills Funding Agency or EFA. As it says in paragraph 15 of the 2012/13 ILR manual;

’15. FE colleges must also send details of all learners who are not in receipt of public funding from the Skills Funding Agency or EFA, apart from learners subcontracted in from a school or Higher Education Institution (HEI) who are returned on an aggregate return (the ILR SUBCON).’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.