ESFA Remittance – Employer Incentive Payments

Home Forums Data issues ESFA Remittance – Employer Incentive Payments

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GaynorLF 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Alison
    Participant

Morning

Can anyone advise please? We have just received our R05 Remittance. I was expecting a number of 90 Day Employer Incentive Payments. Do you know if there is a separate remittance that is issued to reflect this?

Thanks in advance.

sampage
    Participant

yes there is, however, it is not clear that this is what it is for the descriptors are not great and then you have to try to figure out who they are paying you for!!! Good Luck!!!!!

Alison
    Participant

Thanks – As usual nothing is ever simple. ESFA may understand totally but us poor users at the other end, different story

sampage
    Participant

Hi

I spoke to help desk before Xmas and they could not shed much light on it over the phone. Subsequently I received this email. Ate lots of chocolate and drank a big mug of coffee still in recovery!!!

Reconciling remittance
    Hi Sam,

Thank you for contacting the service desk.

In relation to your query there are a number of lines to take to ensure payments showing on the remittance are reconciled correctly with the Payment Reports on the HUB.

Please note, remittance will not tally with the Funding Summary Report due to checks being made with the Apprenticeship Service post ILR Returns Window closure. Also, The Apps Indicative Earnings Report is indicative only and this report is also generated before Data Match is completed with the Apprenticeship Service so these figures are subject to change.

The two main reports to use are the Main Occupancy Report, and the Apps Monthly Payment Report which is published a number of days after the ILR returns window closes.

There are a number of fields on the Apps Monthly Payment Report that will need to be discounted from the Total Payments column to establish how remittance has been calculated. Firstly, Employer Incentives will need to be removed from the Total Payments as Employer Incentives are paid under a separate piece of remittance. Provider Incentives are included as they are paid in relation to mainstream contracts. Employer / Provider Incentives are shown in column CB and CC for August, CU and CV for September, DN and DO for October and column EG and EI of Novembers reports are available.

Secondly, the Apps Monthly Payment Report may also include Employer Co-Investment Contributions in any particular month where insufficient funds have been identified in an Employers Levy account. These outstanding payments will then be broken down, in relation to the Funding Rules as 90% paid by ESFA and a further 10% contribution from the Employer and you will need to be claim this directly from the Employer and ensure this is recorded in the ILR when received.

Furthermore, on the reports on the HUB, payments are shown in the month of learning, not the month the payment was made. This is in line with providers returning timely and accurate data as specified in section 3 of the Provider Support Manual. This being said, if accurate data is returned every month, payments will be made on the 11th working day of the month. Should data not pass validation and/or data match with the Apprenticeship services, payments would not be made that particular month and would be reconciled in future payments but shown in the report for the month the learning took place.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Alison
    Participant

Thanks for this info. I need more than chocolate and coffee to digest / reconcile this.

GaynorLF
    Participant

Hi

Looking at our reports for R05 we haven’t been paid for either the employer or provider 90 day incentives we were due.

They are both showing on the Apps Monthly Payment Report but are not in the remittance. (The remittance is short by this amount). We usually receive a separate remittance for the employer incentives and we have not, as yet, received this either.
    Previous to this all incentives were received ok.

Alison
    Participant

We too have the Apps Monthly Payment report showing the amounts but nothing on the remittance nor have we received a separate remittance

GaynorLF
    Participant

I’ve emailed our Provider Manager in hope of an explanation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.