Face-Face contact

Home Forums Data issues Face-Face contact

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Caz 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Kelly Knights
    Participant

During an audit last year we were told that the withdrawal/completion date must represent the last face-face interaction with a learner and email/phone contact cannot count. However when I ran this past the help desk recently they said there was nothing in the rules that states this, only that it must be the date of the last structured learning.

Does anyone have a view on this?

Thanks, Kelly.

Danny Dempsey
    Participant

Hmm… I’m interested in what the answer to this would be too. You would assume it would be the last face to face interaction. I wonder if depending on how the learner is funded could impact the answer?

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Hi Kelly and Danny

If you use an eportfolio, I think life is a little easier to evidence. We would use the date that the last piece of work is signed off by the assessor, the last observation, the last review, the last professional discussion (which could take place over the telephone, be recorded and uploaded to the eportfolio). We wouldn’t use the date of IQA taking place, as the learner would effectively be finished by the time the portfolio goes to the IQA for final quality check and sign off.

Hope that helps.

Sue

Hughes18
    Participant

Hi, we use the day the IQA signs off in line with AO requirements. Audited lots of times and no issue.
    Regards
    Tracey

Kelly Knights
    Participant

thanks all. How about if a learner withdrawals?

Sue Bishop
    Participant

That’s interesting Tracey. We used to use the IQA date, but following audit and funding guidance stopped that some years ago.

Kelly, the same would apply for withdrawals – last obs, last review, last PD, last assignment submitted.

Regards,

Sue

Hughes18
    Participant

Hi
    For learners who withdraw we use the last piece of evidence in learning, so an exam, assessment or review.
    Yes, we did look to change this for completions when the rules changed, but this did not align itself with AO requirements as it is deemed not over until signed off officially. As I say we have been audited many times over the years and not ever raised as an issue.
    This will of course change as we move over to ePortfolio and Standards, but what this may look like is a little unknown.
    Regards
    Tracey

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Indeed! We plan to use the date of EPA……

Regards,

Sue

Martin West
    Participant

Hi All,
    It is not necessarily the ‘last face to face interaction’ or the ‘the date that the last piece of work is signed off by the assessor’ it is simply ‘the last evidenced date of LEARNING’.
    I can only say to those that have been audited many times without issue that you have been lucky that this was not picked up by the auditor.
    HTH

Caz
    Participant

Now here’s a thread i have enjoyed!

I’m with Martin – last evidence/date of learning. We use an E-portfolio, so that would not always be face-to-face, i would challenge an Auditor who told me that it had to be F2F.

Interestingly for our Achievers we have always used the IQA date for their LWD, and this has never been raised in any of the many audits we have been lucky enough to have over the years. (Although our IQA date is always within 7-10 days of the last review/Learning session, and always within the same period).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.