FIS R01 Data set

Home Forums Data issues FIS R01 Data set

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Phipps 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Richard Phipps
    Participant

Hi all,

According to the maintenance spreadsheet we should have seen an R01 dataset appear for 17/18 by now. I can’t see anything this morning, anyone else seeing it yet?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/630791/Data_Collections_MaintenanceSchedule_17_to_18.pdf

Thanks,
    Richard

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Richard,
    Expect it is like chicken and egg as you cannot have a 17/18 dataset without a 17/18 Data collection configuration.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Ok, are there any dates published on when we should expect the 17/18 Data Collection Configuration to be made available? 🙂

Thanks,
    Richard

steveh
    Participant

I’d have a small flutter on nothing appearing until that “Optional Release” window next week…

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Cynical!

Tony Braithwaite
    Participant

Just been looking for this too. I see that the LARS update scheduled for 8th August happened, but no 17/18 configuration.

Tony

Martin West
    Participant

No FIS or working entry tool for 2017/18 for Providers to use at the start of the new year, this is not a new occurrence as they can always resort to Plan B, cancel returns at the start of the year and pay on profile.

I did ask back in 2013 ‘‘stop hiding behind the communication firewall and tell us what is going on’ but still no improvement in communications.

Cynical yes, I am one of them as well.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

If they want to pay us on profile for R01 that is fine by me.

The problem is we have our main enrolments starting next week and if we can’t check our 17/18 data at the start then I won’t be able to identify patterns of ILR errors by the enrolers and let them know to stop making more errors of the same type. It also means more pressure on everyone at providers to get a clean R01 (and the big R04) return.

Again though, another real issue here is the lack of any communication.

This is supposed to be their official data issue forum yet many issues never get any replies from anyone at the ESFA.

Looks like I’m cynical too!

Caspar Verney
    Participant

If the question is embarrassing or too difficult to answer then they will overlook it.

The total lack of communication is nothing new either – why tell the victims out here anything?

Very cynical me!

mrtumber
    Participant

Spoke to someone on the Service Desk at the beginning of last week who quoted 24th Aug as the 17/18 Component Set release date.

We wait with baited breath.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

We’ve just been told the 23rd Aug by the Service Desk. That’s two weeks to get the R01 done then, and work towards the R04.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.