Foundation Learning Pilot – EFA

Home Forums Data issues Foundation Learning Pilot – EFA

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lapsed_user 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • lapsed_user

Hi,
    I was just wondering if there are any others out there running the foundation learning pilot? I’m totally new to this, having only in the past had SFA funded programmes, but we have been awarded the pilot contract, and have learners starting soon. I was just wondering if there’s anyone who can offer any advice or guidance, incase I have any queries….. first one being, do we use the non-apprenticeships ILR?
    We haven’t as yet had our contract through, so I’m hoping there’s more information included there, but thought i’d ask on here for similar providers.
    Thanks

Sandra

lapsed_user

Hi,

Also, I was wondering if there were any providers willing to share their enrolment form they use for EFA funded learners? I’ve been informed by the EFA to not use the ILR, and we need to design our own form, therefore are there any eg’s anyone is willing to share?

Thanks

Sandra

lapsed_user

Hello,
    I was just wondering if there are any providers out there running the EFA Foundation Learning pilot??

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sandra,
    I do not fully understand the term pilot as Foundation Learning is a standard part of both EFA & SFA provision.
    I expect the reason that you have been advised not to use the standard ILR documentation is that this is specific to the ILR requirements for SFA provision for EFA provision you should follow the documentary requirements as outlined in the EFA-Funding regulations-Funding guidance for young people 2012/13 see section 6 Records of learner existence and eligibility.
    Regards

lapsed_user

Hi,
    Our contract definitely states FL Delivery Pilot…. and we’ve been told to complete the ILR and submit as normal along with SFA funded apprentices, however using funding model code 82… I’ve been told this will exclude them from funding as normal, as this is a pilot and we are therefore paid on profile.

I’m all a bit confused still after reading the EFA Funding regulations, as when i spoke to our contact at the EFA regarding this pilot, I was told that they are treat differently, as we are just trialing this programme for it to start properly in Sep 13.

I was just wondering if out there there were any other providers delivering this pilot?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sandra,
    I take it that you do not hold a EFA contract if so then delivery would be other EFA provision (82) for foundation learning in addition to completing the ILR as per the provider manual (EFA provision for 16-18 foundation learning section).
    In answer your original query the provider manual states:
    The information authority does not publish a standard form to collect the information for Foundation Learning. Providers should use their own enrolment forms and/or other documentation ensuring that the Privacy Notice, as detailed in Appendix F to the ILR specification for 2012/13, is included.
    Hope this helps

lapsed_user

Hi Martin,

That does help, thank you.

Sandra

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.