Full funding for an Apprentice with EHC plan

Home Forums Data issues Full funding for an Apprentice with EHC plan

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • matthew.rogers
    Participant

Good morning,

We have a 19-23 Apprentice with an Education and Health Plan and this has been coded on the ILR along with the Apprentice being coded as fully funded. I have checked the co-investment report from R03 and this Apprentice is listed as us charging the employer.

Does anyone know what additional fields I need to complete to ensure this learner is fully-funded?

Kind Regards,
    M

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Matthew,
    Fully funded only applies to Employers with Levy Accounts where they have sufficient funds in their account.

matthew.rogers
    Participant

Thanks Martin – so what else do I need to record on the ILR to ensure this Apprentice is fully funded?

Kind Regards,
    M

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Matthew,
    There is no concept of fully funded, Apprenticeships are either funded from an Employers levy account where the Apprenticeship contract type is recorded as ADT 1 or Funded by the ESFA with 10% co-investment from the Employer where the Apprenticeship contract type is recorded as ADT 2.

There are 16-18 (inc 19-23 with EHC) who attract the £1000 employer incentive and this may be sufficient to offset any co-investment.

HTH

Mark
    Participant

I am under the impression that there is still full funding

P95. The government will fund all of the apprenticeship training costs, up to the maximum value of the funding band for the apprenticeship, for employers employing fewer than 50 people, if on the first day of the apprenticeship, the apprentice is:
    95.1. aged between 16 and 18 years old (or 15 years old if the apprentice’s 16thbirthday is between the last Friday of June and 31August)
    95.2. aged between 19 and 24 years old and either has:
    95.2.1. an EHC plan provided by their local authority
    95.2.2. or has been in the care of their local authority as defined in paragraph 88
    P96. You must not request any employer contribution (please see paragraphs 171 to176) to the cost of an apprenticeship up to the maximum value of the funding band if an employer employing fewer than 50 people recruits an eligible apprentice.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    As I said there is no concept of fully funded It’s a waver:

57. We will waive the co-investment requirement for employers with fewer than 50 employees if the apprentice is defined as a 16- to 18-year-old or an eligible 19- to 24-year-old as described in the Funding Rules. Where the employer is eligible for the co-investment to be waived and also pays the levy, we will not use their digital account funds.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I hear a lot of people calling the small employer waiver “full funding”.

The FFI Indicator in the ILR only relates to funding streams 81 and 35, so not new apprentices. Setting the enrolment as FF1 = 1 won’t make any difference.

If you think the employer is “small” (see notes from Mark and Martin), and therefore doesn’t have to make a contribution, then you have to code the employer as SEM. If they’re not small, and not a levy payer, then the employer has to pay the 10%.

Mark
    Participant

I think its a case of mixing old with new, Martin is right about it being a waver, but in some respects full funding is right so long as we don’t confuse that with FFI.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.