Functional Skills

Home Forums Data issues Functional Skills

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • murphy1
    Participant

I am reading post May Apprenticeship funding rules. Under P106 it states that apprentices must achieve Level 2 English and maths before achieving an apprenticeship framework even if it is not part of the framework.
    We currently deliver Care Leadership and Management Level 5, maths and English is not a requirement of framework. Under these changes I am interpreting that learners would have to do both functional skills. If they failed to achieve and functional skills is not part of the framework surely we can claim the apprenticeship certificate.

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Hi Murphy

I always go by the framework document, the current one being introduced in April of this year. It states N/A for both Maths and English, although these will be a requirement with the new HSC standards.

There isn’t a section on ACE to upload any FS certs for this framework, so I’m going with that – not required.

Possibly not the definitive answer you’re looking for, but I think we’re in cotton wool land at the moment.

Regards,

Sue

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Sorry but it is a ‘must’ in the funding rules:
    P106. For apprenticeships at level 3 and above, or where level 2 English and maths are a mandatory part of the framework and the apprentice does not already hold acceptable qualifications (please see published list):
    106.1. apprentices must achieve level 2 functional skills or GCSE qualifications grade A* to C (or 4 to 9) in English and maths before taking end-point assessment or achieving an apprenticeship framework.
    HTH

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Hi Martin, presume we can claim for the English and Maths FS, even though not required in the framework for L5 Care Leadership? What’s your thoughts?

Regards,

Sue

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    That’s how I read P100 and P101.
    HTH

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.