Functional Skills Exemptions

Home Forums Open Data Functional Skills Exemptions

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • NinaManEx
    Participant

Hi I cannot find any literature on Functional Skills exemptions where someone has obtained a degree that is not in an English or Maths specific subject.

Can anyone help. I have a lady who has complete a business studies Masters, but doesn’t have her school certificates.

Thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    A degree does not provide an exemption for the Maths and English requirement only those qualification indicated are acceptable in the following Link:
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/735978/Apprenticeship_standards_English_and_maths_list.ods
    HTH

NinaManEx
    Participant

Thank You. I thought as much, but i wanted to be sure. Do you know if they then go on to complete their initial assessment and are working at Level 2 or higher I can then exempt them?

Martin West
    Participant

The short answer is no they must provide evidence of a qualification as outlined in the list. Where they are unable to do this then they must undertake Maths and English at L2.
    HTH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.