Functional Skills Funding

Home Forums Data issues Functional Skills Funding

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gfrederick 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • gfrederick
    Participant

Hi,

Prior to the levy if a learner came out at initial assessment with a score as the same level as the framework requirement you could not claim funding for that functional skill?

If I am correct in the above does this still apply with the levy and standards as opposed to frameworks?

Thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    That was never the case as it is actual prior attainment that takes precedence over initial assessment results.
    HTH

gfrederick
    Participant

Thanks Martin. I thought I had read in the guidance somewhere that if a learner comes out at level 2 in initial assessment but the framework requires level 1 you could not claim funding for that aim?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    It is the way the funding rules can be interpreted that is the problem when the individual rules are taken out or context.

The correct order is:
    You can claim funding for apprentices who have not previously attained a GCSE grade A* to C (or 9 to 4) in English or maths (or both) on the day they start the following qualifications:
    GCSE English language or maths (or both) or Functional skills English or maths at level 2 (or both).

From there on you must take each paragraph in sequence but it is always based on what qualification the apprentice already holds.

The reference to initial assessment is only to enable additional funding at or below L1

We will fund functional skills English and/or maths at level 1 or below where you have conducted an initial assessment that shows the apprentice needs to study at a lower level before being able to achieve their level 2.
    HTH

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Martin West.

gfrederick
    Participant

Thanks Martin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.