Funding Guidance 13/14

Home Forums Data issues Funding Guidance 13/14

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lapsed_user 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Martin West
    Participant

Hi All,

Although the Funding guidance has the crystal mark and is clear in what it does say, in Annex 1 (Financial contributions) there are various references to where ‘A full level-2 learning aim for individuals who have achieved level 2 or above’ but without any reference for those who have not
    While common sense would suggest that the guidance would apply to this cohort as well it does not actually say so.

I only encountered this when devising the missing funding grid and then cross checking it back to Annex 1.

Are others confused by this omission or is it me being pedantic?

steveh
    Participant

*waves*

Yup, sent an email to fundingsystemsteam only yesterday on this very issue (I suggest you do the same 😉 )

I think/hope it’s a Plain English thing and they’ve misunderstood some very important parts of our argot around level 2/full level 2.

Of course it could be a hidden away policy change, but I think the Level 2 entitlement is in legislation…

Also pedantry when it comes to eligibility is A GOOD THING!

lapsed_user
    Participant

Hi,

It does state at the top of page 91 learners entitled to full funding are those aged 19-23 studying their first full level 2 or first full level 3. Are you refering to this section?

lapsed_user
    Participant

I agree that there is a definite lack of the useful table that was included in the previous years guidance!

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sandra,

No it is in reference to 24+

Regards

lapsed_user
    Participant

Oh I’m sorry, I see exactly where you mean now!

Martin West
    Participant

Hi All,

My attempt at a funding matrix for 2013/14

http://postimage.org/image/k5zh3tonz/

EAOE: Please feel free to comment

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,

They have taken the P

What I mean is The forwarded email is missing /P

see posting for the actual link

Why does it do that

lapsed_user
    Participant

as a follow on question to this topic. would a 25+ learner who has already achieved at level 3 in one vocational area be able to have funding to complete a level 2 apprenticeship in a new vocational area?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Karen,
    See the funding guidance Page 37 ‘Second Apprenticeships at the same or a lower level’
    This may be acceptable in supporting the apprentice in a new job role but as over 24 would only be co-funded at level 2.
    If in doubt I always recommend that you ask for approval from the SFA (your contact manager) then you will not have an audit problem.

lapsed_user
    Participant

thank you that’s very helpful 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.