Help! I don't even know where to start with the ILR…

Home Forums Data issues Help! I don't even know where to start with the ILR…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • lapsed_user
    Participant

Hi All

I’m new to role and have to complete the next ILR but I don’t even know where to start! I submitted the summer one with a colleague and I have a vague memory of being told that we need to create new periodics only for new students. How do I do this? I can’t find any documentation about it. Do I even need to do this yet as all students from last year should have had a periodic created over the summer? Do I need to create new 2012/13 periodics for returning students?

Or do I just need to create a new file via Tools –> Selected Students, clean it up and run it through LIS? Sadly the person previously responsible for submitting the ILR is on long-term leave and all of my colleagues (including myself) are new to Unit-e.

Any help/ pointers would be gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Caroline

steveh
    Participant

Hi Caroline

There is a unit-e email list which you can join here: http://mail.totton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/unite-users which might be a bit more use.

To be honest you might be best off getting some support from Capita if there’s no one around with experience, it’s not that straightforward, particularly this year because they’ve changed the report structure massively to deal with XML production, so even those of us who’ve been doing this for a while are having a few difficulties (to put it politely).

lapsed_user
    Participant

Yes, I’m already on the Totton mailing list – their discussions tend to be rather technical so I thought I’d post here first to see if I could get an overall setp-by-step guide. I performed the migration in the summer with a colleague so am aware of many of the fiddly bits but don’t really have an overall understanding of the process!

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Caroline,
    If I were you I would ask Capita for assistance/guidance as they are best place to do this.
    Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.