Household Situation – 18/19 Rules

Home Forums Data issues Household Situation – 18/19 Rules

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jaci 5 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • ScottK
    Participant

Hi

In the 18/19 ILR Spec they have changed the coverage for the LDFAM Household Situation to include ‘Non-levy funded apprenticeships (FundModel 36, ACT2)’ but later on in it states that this does not need to be collected for learners on apprenticeship standards, ‘This data is not required for OLASS learners or for apprenticeship standards. Where this data has been previously returned for apprenticeship standards, it can continue to be returned.’

So, do we have to collect it for non-levy apprenticeship standard leaner or not?

Also, as an apprentice, the learner will obviously be considered employed (all of our apprentices will be 18+), so I don’t see how code 1 or 2 will be applicable? Is this based on their situation prior to starting the apprenticeship?

Many thanks.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    My interpretation is this is only collected for non-levy funded Framework Apprenticeships.

The household situation applies as at the start of the programme aim and as you stated an Apprentice must be employed from day 1 then only HHS3 could apply.

HTH

OFFS
    Participant

Maybe it’s only required for residual Frameworks under FM36 ? Or maybe they’ve got the wording confused ?

ScottK
    Participant

Thanks Martin, that’s what I thought.

I’m hoping it’s only for the framework students. I have emailed ESFA just to double check.

Jaci
    Participant

If anyone gets a response can you please let us know. I have also, logged it as a queru

Many Thanks

ScottK
    Participant

This is the reply I received from the ESFA. I assume from this we do need to collect it for standard apprentices but I am going to ask them to explicitly say that.

I can confirm that the house hold indication is collected for non-levy funded apprenticeships that start on or after 1 August 2018 and is collected at the point of enrolment. This data is not collected where a levy funded apprenticeship (ACT1) changes employer to become non-levy funded (ACT2).

Thanks.

Jaci
    Participant

Doesn’t say anything about only for Frameworks?

I’ll post back when I get a reply

Martin West
    Participant

From the funding rules I read this as the match funding requirements for the European Social Fund (ESF) applies to all apprentices funded via the non-levy route from 1 August 2018.

The ILR specifications confirms the collection requirement for HHS includes ‘Non-levy funded apprenticeships (FundModel 36, ACT2)’ but the notes go on to say this data is not required for apprenticeship standards, so the assumption is it only apples to Non-levy funded apprenticeship Frameworks (FundModel 36, ACT2).

The problem is the funding rules and ILR specifications do not match the ESFA do need to clarify this.

Jaci
    Participant

Thanks Martin, thats what I thought. Will post the reply when I get it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.