ILR entry tool error: Line: 123 Position: 27 – The 'SFA/ILR/2017-18:WorkPlaceHou

Home Forums Data issues ILR entry tool error: Line: 123 Position: 27 – The 'SFA/ILR/2017-18:WorkPlaceHou

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nickiq 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • 1education
    Participant

Good afternoon all,

We are having the following error message in FIS: ‘Line: 123 Position: 27 – The ‘SFA/ILR/2017-18:WorkPlaceHours’ element is invalid – The value ” is invalid according to its datatype ‘Long’ – The string ” is not a valid Int64 value’

We have entered our learners using the ILR entry tool and FIS returns with no learners: this is the first time we have used this: please do you do how to resolve this issue?

Please we are desperate: if you are having the same issue, please let us know:

Many thanks in advance
    Helene

steveh
    Participant

Hi Helene

You’ve got a blank value in a WorkPlaceHours field in the Work Placement element. If you open the XML file in notepad or similar, you’ll be able to go to line 123 and then back up a bit and see which learner it is.

ddalby
    Participant

I had this last week, couldn’t find the error in notepad++ tried it again next day without making changes and went through fine. I wondered if it was an error in FIS?

Martin West
    Participant

Where the data has come from the ILR Entry Tool there may be an issue that this field remains in the data even though you may have deleted or changed a value.
    To overcome this, you can edit any incorrect data in the internal1718.ilr file, you can use notepad as has been said and this will solve the problem in future returns.

1education
    Participant

Hi Steveh,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply: much appreciated.

I have done this: and I now have the following error which relates to another learner ‘Line: 282 Position: 27 – The ‘SFA/ILR/2017-18:WorkPlaceHours’ element is invalid – The value ” is invalid according to its datatype ‘Long’ – The string ” is not a valid Int64 value.’

I checked, and there is nothing wrong: the work place is internal with total hours of 546 hours: I am a bit confused as my ILR highlights 0 learners instead of 11.

Please is there anything else I should be looking at?

Please any help would do

Many thanks again
    Helene

1education
    Participant

Dear Martin,

Apologies,

I’ve just seen your post: I will try that again and see what happens.

ddalby: If this is not resolved, then I will follow your advice and wait until the next day.

Thank you all for all your ideas and your support.

Helene

nickiq
    Participant

I have the same error 33 TIMES 🙂 for different lines /positions (not the most useful way of identifying the problem for a small provider with no MIS expert on hand (or ICT support).

So, I have gone back through the LE data, and ALL the planned work experience hours have vanished and there is a duplicate line entry for each learner (both with zero hours).
    Updated, reloaded to FIS and errors now down to 6, but I still have 0 for all learner counts?

Why has FIS stopped giving you the learner reference number so that you can identify the person?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  nickiq.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.