ILR Price and Employer Contract Price mismatch

Home Forums Data issues ILR Price and Employer Contract Price mismatch

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  darrenharlow 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Ruth CJ
    Participant

Just wondering what some of you would do in this situation, I’m pretty confident the Service Desk won’t help if I ask them.

Student does apprenticeship A, price is agreed as £2,000. Student withdraws after 3 months. A few months later, they come back to start apprenticeship B, which is the same framework with a new employer (no agreed break). We should have negotiated a lower price fro apprenticeship B to account for the prior learning in those 3 months on apprenticeship A. Based purely on duration, that might be £1,785 ish (I know it’s not necessarily that simple). We didn’t reduce the price. We chased this up with delivery and sales teams for several months to try and get them to agree a reduced price, and to get the employer to sign this on the contract. After six months, the student withdraws from apprenticeship B. We cannot now get a change of price agreed by the employer.

Both employers were small, so not paying. However, the difference in funding we’ve earned based on £2,000 compared with what we would have earned if the price had been £1,785, is about £73. Small amount, but it is overclaim. Do you just overclaim, or do you change the price, despite having no paperwork from the employer to back it up?

steveh
    Participant

it’s FINE. I mean they’ve only taught her another chunk, not the whole thing, so when she comes back for the third time, you’ll just have to make sure *both* chunks are discounted 😉

Martin West
    Participant

I would add the TNP3 and 4 if the change of employer was in this funding year, the funding would then be recalculated and avoid any overpayment, just keep a note in the file of why you made the change, this should suffice at audit if ever required.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Hi Martin, it wasn’t a change of employer, there were many months in between, and they originally had no intention of starting the apprenticeship again (they started and withdrew from a full time FE programme in the middle). This was a straight new enrolment with new dates. If it had been a change of employer, that’s my process, and I’d have made them calculate the new price before we made the change. I’m not involved when they just enrol them from scratch. The first planned duration had been 22 months, the planned duration on the second was only 14 months, which suggests they took prior learning into account when deciding on duration, just not price.

Steve – You jest, but this student has now started and withdrawn from four separate programmes with us 🙁

Martin West
    Participant

Same applies but just change the price as you would do for an input error as its all in this year.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I’m aware that I can just change the price. My query is over whether this is acceptable since we don’t have any employer signed paperwork? I think the answer is yes, because what auditor would tell us off for adjusting the price down without employer agreement!

Martin West
    Participant

Alternatively, you can say you had to adjust the price due the audit requirement in 3 iv where ‘Recognition of prior learning’ was not included in the original price.

darrenharlow
    Participant

I agree with Martin’s last comment – I would adjust the price and annotate accordingly (it’s the right thing to do).

I know nothing is ever simple but your learner looks like a ‘keeper’ 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.