Incentive Payaments – Offset Against Co-Investments

Home Forums Data issues Incentive Payaments – Offset Against Co-Investments

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GaynorLF 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

• KateC

Hi all,

We’ve had an employer ask if they can use their 16-8 incentive payment to offset against part of their co-investment amount.
    Has anyone come across this scenario and is it allowable, and if it is in which set of guidance notes can I find the paragraph that say’s it is within the rules ?

Many thanks

Martin West

Hi Kate,
    The funding rules state:
    P92. You will also receive the additional payments due to the employer and you must pass these on in full to the employer within 30 working days of receiving this funding from us.

I cannot find any indication in the rules that you can offset this against the co-investment required although it may be possible to issue a credit note that the employer can use against any outstanding co-investment payments due.

At the Audit Conference last month, the indication was they want to see the employer payments leaving a provider’s bank account, so I’d be very wary about credit notes personally?

Obviously once you’ve given them the additional payment, there’s nothing to stop them using it to pay you.

I agree with Steve here.

All employer incentive payments have to be seen as a visible payment to the employer within 30 days of the provider receiving it. We make all our employer incentive payments by bacs which leaves a clear audit trail.

The employer can, if they decide, then immediately use it to pay you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.