Irish Leaving Certificate accepted as equivalent for GCSE?

Home Forums Data issues Irish Leaving Certificate accepted as equivalent for GCSE?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Locock 5 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • TRaynor
    Participant

I have a candidate who is wanting to apply for the Nursing Associate programme but doesn’t have GCSE’s in Maths and English – she has the Irish Leaving Certificate instead. I have checked on ACE and I can’t see this on there but I wondered if anyone had come across this and what the decision was on eligibility? Can we accept this as a GCSE equivalent?

Thanks!

TRaynor
    Participant

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Is the Nursing Associate programme a framework or standard?

There is a document which I’ve printed off from ESFA website (have tried to find the link for you, but failed) which details acceptable exemptions for standards and it includes Essential Skills (Northen Ireland) Level 2 pass being acceptable for English and Maths. I’ll keep looking, must have seen it in an update somewhere.

Alternatively, let me have your email address and I’ll scan and send across to you.

Regards,

Sue

Martin West
    Participant

Essential Skills (Northern Ireland) level 2 is included here in the Standards list:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/qualifications-getting-approval-for-funding

Martin Locock
    Participant

I think this may be the Republic of Ireland Leaving Certificate which is ICED level 3.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.